(10) goners

*Thanks to Noloua last chapter's title 'new trust, old stories'. I knew the moment I read it that was gonna be the one I picked, but I waited until yesterday to actually put it in because I wanted to give everyone else a chance. You are truly the master of title suggestions. I think this is the third time I've picked you.

This chapter was rushed but it's not filler this time! A lot happens actually. Three major events. Well, two events and one reveal. But all still major.

I tagged 'The Final Countdown' because this is the second to last chapter. This is our last time counting down the days until the next Game Over update. The picture is you guys after you finish this chapter.*

(2291 words)

Shiro walked out of his condo, seeing Adam in a car outside. It was a police-issued car for undercover operations. Shiro walked up to the car and knocked on the window.

Adam looked up from the coffee he had been pouring sugar into before rolling the window down, "I'm supposed to be following you discretely, you know."

Shiro chuckled, "That didn't stop us yesterday. Besides, isn't that solely for my own comfort? Maybe I feel more comfortable being with you instead of being followed."

Adam shrugged, "Fair enough."

"Now, I have to get to work. Wanna give me a ride instead of tailing me?"

Adam smiled at him, "Sure, get in."

"Matt!" Pidge yelled as she ran out of the house, jumping into her big brother's arms. He was officially home from college for the summer.

Matt spun her around before putting her down, "Oh wow, you cut your hair!"

"You need to cut your hair," She laughed before grabbing his hand, it being hard with the cast on her arm but she did it anyway, "Come inside, you can get your stuff out of the car later."

Colleen smiled at them, "I'll get it. You two get inside and catch up. Tonight we'll go visit your dad in the hospital. That man just woke up from a coma and all he's worried about is getting to see you two."

Pidge smiled and pulled Matt inside, up to her bedroom. She knew their mom was going to be in and out of his room, bringing his things in, "Okay, what's the big news you said you had to tell me?"

Matt closed the door behind them, "Well, remember that guy I told you about last week? Jake?"

"The coworker you slept with when you got wasted?" Pidge sat down on her bed.

Matt sat down next to her, "Yes, well, he called me last Saturday."

"It's been a whole seven days and you didn't tell me!" She hit him with a pillow, "Asshole! What happened?"

Matt laughed, "Nothing, at first. He said he heard I quit and wanted to apologize. He blamed himself for it. It sorta was his fault, but I didn't want him to feel bad about it. So I told him I quit because I was coming home for the summer, not because of him."

"So, you lied to him?"

"Yes, but it's a good thing I did." Matt leaned back on her bed, "He said he wanted to take me out to lunch and apologize formally and see me one last time before I left. I didn't want to be an asshole, he was just trying to be nice. So I agreed. We went to Cane's. Nothing fancy. We were there for a while and he apologized about a million times. I kept telling him not to worry about it. It was surprisingly not awkward. Well, at first it was. But once we started talking about things other than the party, it was fine. It had been a week since then, it didn't feel like as much as a big deal anymore. Well, it did. But not in the same way. Anyway, we kept talking long after we finished eating. We had never talked outside of work besides the party. It was nice. It turns out we had so much more in common than we ever would've thought. He's a huge geek, even though you would never guess it looking at him, or talking to him. He's not the brightest guy, I've had to answer many stupid questions. But he's into a lot of nerdy stuff, Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, obscure sci-fi shows no one but me, you, and Hunk have ever heard of. He's a huge horror fan too. We started talking about a couple of horror movies that were coming out and then he asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with him Wednesday night. I said yes. Again. The movie date went well-"