CHAPTER 1

Amy finally opened up her tiny blue eyes and looked at first her mom, dad, and then Sean.
She started crying tears of joy. Wiggling her little fingers, she reached towards her mom and started talking baby talk.

"I dunno why baby's just hate me!" Sean groaned. He was only four at the time.

Mr. Sawyer giggled and held Sean up to get a better view of Amy in his mother's arm. Once his little sister saw him, she took ahold of his nose and squeezed it.

Mister and Misses Sawyer laughed as Sean tried fighting his sister's grasp off of his nose.

"You two will get along pretty well." Mrs.- Sawyer commented. Her husband agreed with her and smiled.

"Yeah, right!" Sean groaned, finally getting Amy's hand off of his nose.

***

Sean walked his sister to school the following early Thursday evening.

It had already been eleven years, and Sean had finally gotten in to high school while his little sister just started the sixth grade at the neighborhood junior high.

"How do you like middle school, so far?"

"That sounds like a stupid question..." Amy moaned.

"I like high school... a little..." Sean admitted just to break the silence.

"I never really asked."

"Well, I know that... I'm just saying.. you know, just to make you understand how to answer my question.."

"Don't make it look like I don't have a brain." She admitted coldly. "Because I do."

"So, will you answer my question?"

"I'm afraid not." She said, walking past him and into her school.

Sean giggled to himself and moaned under his breath, "Glad I got rid of the weird silence between me and her."

***

"So, anything new this week, guys?" Chad Gilmer asked. He flicked the cigarette that he was chewing on, into the air.
It fell down onto the gray cement floor, and then slowly rolled onto the grass.

Sean and his school, "friends" were hanging out in the school's courtyard, enjoying being rednecks.
Except, Sean was different from the rest. He had some type of conviction whenever hanging around those guys. Everyone in the group were seniors except for him and his closest friend, Quinn Black, whom were both freshman's. The differences about Sean was that he was the only one out of all four group members, who always got picked on. Most of all, he had trouble fitting in.
No one saw these problems/ characteristics in him, but it was just something that he was only fighting with, on his own.

"How did we even get into this group?" Sean asked Quinn, while the other guys discussed their obsession with speeding through neighborhoods and skateboarding.

"You ask that too many times." He groaned. "Ask that question to any of the dudes, and watch them turn you into scrap-"

"Bump what the dudes say!" He exclaimed. "A man has a right to ask questions-"

Before he could continue, a sudden silence covered up the whole entire place.
Sean backed up in shame, and kept himself from bursting out laughing.

"Hey, when you're with us.... make sure you have your pacifier in your mouth before we hear any of that baby talk of yours!" One of the oldest group members- Jay Crosswood, warned. Jay was the only nineteen year old in the group. He previously failed the eleventh grade, so that made him the oldest among all the rest of the group members.

Everyone started to laugh at that- including Quinn.
Sean giggled a little, only trying to fit in with the crowd.

But for some reason, a tiny voice spoke to his heart, letting him know that he was an outlier. He refused to take the voice seriously- because he felt he fitted in perfectly fine. Only as long as he was satisfied.