CHAPTER 16

This time around, Sean managed to get to his locker as quickly as possible, and skip all the way off to the ISS room.
But sadly when he got there, Mr. Kendall had not gotten in to the school yet, so he had to risk standing there, waiting.

He watched as every student passed him by down the hallway. He was still in fact- anxious about who else was going to come through those double entrance doors.

"Just breathe, Sean- breathe..." He inhaled and exhaled, deeply.
One of Sean's greatest fears was getting picked on in front of a crowd.
No wonder he had pushed away Rita the day before, not allowing anything like an argument, cause an intriguing crowd.

Mr. Kendall eventually showed up at the entrance door. He had on a large book bag, and carried a folder filled with paper documents inside.
He watched the man's every step, praying that he would get to unlock the door before his old group of friends came and found him.

Once the ISS teacher had finally reached his classroom, he smiled and Sean and said, "You must be very excited to go back in to ISS today, huh?" Mr. Kendall laughed as he unlocked the door.

Sean was hoping that what he said was a rhetorical question, because he wasn't anywhere near ready to answer anything like that.
Once the door was unlocked, he entered in to the classroom and sat at a different desk. He had a strong conviction about being around Denis.

So with that, he tried making himself unapproachable by putting his head down on his desk and fake sleeping.
It was all the way up until the late bell had rang and everyone was in their first block.
Sean finally raised his head up and turned to look to his right.
He saw that there were a couple of students in the room, but he did not see Denis at the desk that he sat at the day before.
Sean sighed with relief and then turned to his left- surprisingly to see Denis staring at him with a mischievous look.

"Oh my goodness....?" Sean gasped.

"What up, homie?" Denis reached out his hand to shake Sean's, but Sean acted as if he never saw his hand.
As a matter of fact, he put his head back down on to his desk, not having anything to do with that boy- all the way up until it was time for lunch.

***

"We were all fine until today..." Denis admitted as he followed Sean around the sophomore hall. "Where did I possibly do wrong?"

With all of the interesting, yet meaningful questions that he was asking, all of them triggered Sean to take deep consideration into what he was saying.
He had to somewhat talk to him about the dream that he had, and the conversation that they held the day before.

"First of all..." Sean started. "How was your day so far?"

"Hmm- sounds like a very proper question to ask..." He mumbled under his breath.

"Excuse me? You said something?" Sean joked.

"Nah- man. You good." He giggled. "My day was alright. I mean, I woke up, and went to ISS. It's as simple as that." He shrugged. "Hey- How was your day? Filled with the blood of Jesus? Being led by the Holy Spirit, or what?"

Sean looked at him with awe. "Glad you asked. And the fact that you still know of these things is really surprising. It wasn't like that at all- especially after my sister had nearly lost her life yesterday..."