CHAPTER 4

In that very moment, Sean stood up slowly and walked towards the restroom, silently.
Once he got inside, he slowly flicked on the light switch and then saw himself face to face in the mirror.

The only problem that he recognized himself having, was the fact that he failed to comb his hair- that a small strand of hair stuck out right on the very top of his head.
However, he pushed that thought aside and just stood there- staring at himself.

He remembered the name that his group called him, and then remembered his relationship with his family.

After thinking of those things, he realized that he didn't see himself the same as he did before. His glare looked very cold, and his lips were tightly pursed.
And then all of a sudden, he saw another figure in the mirror- instead of himself.
It was a spiritual being. It looked as a demon with slit eyes and a body made of snake skin and fur that of a bear.

Sean ran into the door and tried exiting the restroom, but was suddenly stopped by a very loud voice.

"Stop!!! Stop!" The voice said with a monstrous tone of voice. And so he stopped, only lying on the door with a racing heartbeat and heavy breathing.

"Where you goin' now?"
The demonic figure slipped out of the mirror, approached him, and placed his prickly hand on his shoulder.
Sean shivered at both it's sight and touch.

"What do y- you mean?" He asked with fear and trembling.

"You heard me!!! Where are you going?!"

Sean was surprised that no one in the house could hear that demon's voice. He felt like he was all alone and there was no one around to save him.

The demon stared at him with a threatening glare as if it were going to hurt him, but before it could lay a single hand on him, a heavy hand was placed on Sean's chest, holding him back.
He knelt down because his legs could not carry him anymore.
It was just then that he found himself lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling the whole time. Him going to the restroom and meeting up with a demon- was only a vision- yet so realistic.

He sat up and could still feel the heavy hand on his chest, but the feeling was slowly going away.
At this time, Sean was at the edge of his bed. He didn't know on whether to get up or not. However, he tried to remember what the demon was like and just thinking about it, made him directly think of himself.

Scary, cruel, and disrespectful.

***

"How was school today, Sean?" Mr. Sawyer asked as the family ate dinner together at the table.

Sean groaned deeply because he was tired of the same question that was asked over and over again every night during dinner.

"... And I mean aside from your classes and academics."

"Hm!" He was surprised that his dad could care less about his grades and classes. "Well, today wasn't so bad..."

Mr. Sawyer looked at him as if he were lying- which he was.

"I mean... I was kind of in a moment of confusion almost all day..."

"Is that why you talked smack to me today?" Amy asked, squinting at him.

"Nah- that's something else- but I DO know why I've been so stuck up, lately."

Everyone was waiting for him to explain why, but he busied himself with his dinner as if nothing was going on.
After a moment or two, Mrs. Sawyer then asked Amy how everything was at her school.

She answered saying, "People are still becoming disrespectful and bullies- day in and day out! I just don't understand why they are like this way..." Her eyes started welling up with tears that she had to wipe them away quickly, with her bare hands.

"I've been seeing the same, lately at my job." Mrs. Sawyer admitted.
She specifically worked at a nursing home about five hours a day. She helped the elders of their sicknesses and infirmities.
"Every time I open up my mouth to speak of Christ, everyone wants to rebuke me. My boss oftentimes says that my presence is not needed at the nursing home. What she says is all I am doing is adding pressure on everyone there, and nobody likes it. What I know is that they only love me when I provide for them, but whenever I open up my mouth or even say anything that may not even include me saying God's name, they just won't have a respectful attitude towards me."

"I can relate." Mr. Sawyer started. "My job treats me like crap everyday- ever since the first day that I mentioned God's name. They literally worship Satan, only trying to make me scared."
Their dad on the other hand worked as an architecture. He designed and built houses, and also constructed different types of businesses too.
"But praise be to God- I am not convinced to leave Christ, but to keep on pushing. Because I know that it'll only get harder, but at the end, it'll all pay off."

"I agree." His wife said, finishing up the last of her salad.

The rest of dinner time remained silent all the way up until it was time for bed.