Part 1: Chapter 1 ~ The Adoption Center

I wake up at the adoption center, again. I just came from my foster home. Originally I was supposed to stay there for a year or so. Now your wondering why I got the boot. I "accidentally" left the rice on the stove longer than cooking time. To be honest I can't take these fake people that take me in. Only for money....all they want is the money. Except my favorite foster parent Ms.Sinclaire may she rest in peace. I want to be a child to them not some money machine Ms. Sinclaire always encouraged me when I would think like this. Before she died... I thought she would be one of those too. I can't wait to find a home home a forever place. A teenager in an adoption center is like a piece of gum on the bottom of a shoe. No one ever likes to adopt a teenagers. For these simple reasons: Pimples, moodiness ,and not being cute. All the little ones always leave first because adults like that their pure and don't have a mindset of which they know they're adopted. Lucky them I guess.
    I was always short, and had the face and body of a ten year old. I've been to six different homes since someone dropped me off here. I told you I want a home, not just drug buying gold diggers. Who only use the money for themselves. These people are tricking the system and don't get caught! I want justice.
   I chose to sit with the little ones because I bond more with people who are younger than me. Parents are coming tomorrow to adopt kids. They make an announcement when there is open house, which is about every 2 months. Open house is when parents come in and and evaluate us, and of course adopt or reject us. The social workers put up all these flyers saying "Come to the adoption center! To give these poor kids a new home.". Basically a way to get some of the kids off of their hands. I see why because there is barely any room in this place.I don't have a big problem living here. I just prefer a real home with a real family.
   "Tiana do you think I might get par..ent to..day"
Rose stuttered. This is my friend Rose she has minor speech problems and she's very shy. Rose is 8 years old. I'm confident she will get a home. More than the chance of me getting adopted or having another foster parent. She has her cute little brown curls and dimples. It was her first two months in the adoption home. Open house will definitely get her a home. I'm more than confident for her at least I have a few years before college when social services gives us 18 year olds the boot and some college help and opportunities so they won't end up on the streets making bad decisions.
  Rose is kinda my only friend and helps me with Ms.August and the other social workers. There's some mean social workers. They only want the cash too, like if you want money so bad be a stripper! When there's bad people somewhere there is good in other cases named Ms.Link. Ms.Link does this job because she genuinely loves kids and have adopted two of her own. Ms. Link gives me hope at times.
   My first home was when I was 8. I got shipped to this weird lady's house, and she had a lot of foster kids. Secretly there was an ulterior motive. She was buying drugs. Using all the money she got from quote on quote taking care of us. We had little food, nasty living space, and had to share one dirty bathroom.
   I got in a lot trouble on purpose. Detentions, suspensions, and referrals. All those punishments were planned. The fights I don't initially plan .Also one thing you should no I definitely do not like being called Little Ole Annie. When people call me that at school I flip out. Does it look like I'm white with freckles and red hair? I think not! That explains half of the fights. After all those consequences the social workers finally found out that I needed to be shipped out of that house.
   8:30 pm we all know that time well which is bedtime. Rose is my roommate. Thank goodness it wasn't one of those dirty kids. As she slips into her bed I silently watch. I feel like I'm her mother that I need to protect her. I'm not lesbian or bisexual or so I think. I haven't really explored my sexuality. Furthermore I kiss Rose's forehead and say,"Have sweet dreams, and I hope you get adopted tomorrow." I say while tucking her in. "I hope...you...get.. adop..to..." She says as she trails off to sleep. I climb down the little ladder and get in my bed. "I really hope I get a home too" I whisper to myself. I drift off to sleep. Everything becomes blank and relaxed.
   The next morning rolls by. Today is the day. The day of open house! It may or may not be my last day in this crappy ass place! What am I kidding at this rate I might as well just give up, but I'm not a quitter and best believe that I will have hope.

To be Continued....