o. just one of those days

PROLOGUE.
[ o. just one of those days ]
/ IRL /

CHARLEY GRABBED A tray full of food and carried it over to the hungry customers, who were muttering under their breath about how horrible of a waitress she was. She sighed it off and sat the plates on food on the table. Everyday was the same old thing: angry customers, a lively diner, and just everyday was a constant face paced motion in her eyes. Some days she loved it and some days she didn't; and that day was today.

     "Finally," the guy muttered, making Charley roll her eyes. She flashed a fake smile as the guy stared at his food getting himself ready to eat. Charley bit the inside of her cheek as she carried the tray underneath her arm and went back to get another order.

Just the same old process.

"Honey." Charley was stopped by her father and she made sure not to make eye contact with him. "It's just one of those days. You need to step it up," he explained with a sincere tone. She pursed her lips and looked away from him.

"It's kind of hard whenever people are ridiculing you about how awful you are, but I'll do my best, Dad," Charley muttered as she moved past him. A father-daughter relationship was unknown to them, has been ever since her mother died. It's been one of those days since he had to become a single father with a very busy diner.

Charley watched as three more people came in, making her groan. This day is never gonna end, she thought to herself. She noticed these three kids looked familiar, too familiar. Charley watched as the three slid into a booth. She didn't think nothing of it as she watched a fellow waitress get their order. The coworker came up to Charley and handed her the notepad. "You take that table."

"What? Why me?" The blonde asked as she watched the girl walk towards the back. Charley huffed and whined, already over-stimulated as it is.

"Because I'm lazy," the girl chuckled as she walked down the hallway making her way to the back of the diner and making Charley whine. Well fuck.

***

Charley grabbed the tray full of the kids' food and started walking towards their booth. She sat the plates down and was about to walk away, before a boy nervously asked something. "I'm sorry, but can I have a chocolate milkshake?" She stopped and bit the inside of her cheek before turning around, flashing a smile.

     "Sure," the blonde sneered before turning around and walking back to the kitchen.While she was doing so, she flipped that boy off in her head, since she wasn't allowed to actually do it. Why couldn't he have asked before? It would've been so much easier. She asked herself and rolled her eyes.

Charley quickly made his milkshake and walked back over to him. Although she was still irritated at the harmless boy for not asking sooner, just as she was about to hand it to him, the milkshake slipped out of her hand and fell on the boy's lap, covering him in that chocolate milkshake. The blonde's heart completely fell from her chest and she started to panic. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed as she ran to get napkins. The boy stood up and looked down at the mess.

"Dang, Noah. How does that chocolate milkshake feel?" The boy with curly hair joked. Charley handed the brown haired boy napkins and sighed at her mistake.