xiv. breaking promises

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
[ xiv. breaking promises ]
/ IRL /

CHARLEY'S FATHER HUFFED as he kept staring and flipping through the multiple bills that were scattered on the table. He sat in his office chair and stared at them all in defeat. There was no way he could pay all these bills off. To sum it up, he was in debt and had no idea how to get out of it. The stressed male then stood up and slammed his chair into the table. He then ran his fingers through his hair and groaned. He had already made his mind up.

But he broke a promise to the woman he cared for the most.

He leaned up against the wall and stared at the screen with displayed the diner and saw the empty booths and seats. He saw his daughter cleaning a glass and his face softened, she cared too much about this diner to let it go. But there was no other choice. The father slid down the wall and brought his knees to his chest. The two person family was so far gone with money, there was no possible way of recovering.

Charley thought the workers all quit, but the truth was, her father had to lay them off because there was no possible way of him paying them. He made sure none of them told his daughter, that was his job he had to do.

He lifted his head up and saw a empty cardboard box in the corner and decided to take initiative and get it all over with. He started throwing his belongings in the box, not giving a care in the world. He slid all of his nicknacks, photos of what his family was and could've been, and all the papers reminding him of his debt. He threw the box down out of anger and sat back in the chair.

He started to cry, knowing he's gonna lose it all. He looked and saw his daughter sweeping the floor and he wiped his tears. He didn't know how to tell her, but he needed to tell her soon. And by soon?

It meant tomorrow.

Just as he was about to unplug the video camera, he decided to be curious and look through how long ago the customers stopped showing up. As he was looking through, he stumbled across a clip of his daughter moving tables to the side, with a boy.

They were laughing and dancing around. The boy then grabbed the girl's hand and spun her around, which made Charley's father confused and a bit angry. He slowed the video and then paused at the moment where they were laughing at each other. It was obvious they both liked each other.

Charley's father thought he could trust her. She knew she wasn't allowed to date and not to mention she was spending her time late at night with a boy. He then was filled with rage and started to dismember the equipment. He threw it in the box and kicked the box to the side.

He grabbed his phone and quickly dialed a number that would change everything just out of anger.

"Hi, yes. I want to confirm I will be putting Kennedy's Diner up for sale."

—————

SHIT BOUT TO GO DOWN AND AT THE TIME I WROTE THIS, I BLARED SAD MUSIC AND CRIED AT 2 AM