vii. ideas and perfect nights

CHAPTER SEVEN.
[ vii. ideas and perfect nights ]
/ IRL /

CHARLEY LEANED AGAINST the front counter as she stared at her phone. She pulled up the camera app and turned it to face her. She was silently panicking because she was afraid the boy would think her haircut was weird or ugly. She violently ran her fingers through her hair and tried to flatten down any loose hairs. Just then, the blonde heard the bell ring and the door open. She immediately sat her phone down as if she wasn't looking at it at all and brought her attention to the boy that came in. "Uhh hey!"

Noah stared at the girl and then kept walking towards her. "You got a haircut, it's different." He then saw has smile turn slowly into a frown and he realized what he had said. "I-I mean, it's a good different!" He exclaimed as he panicked. "A really . . . good different."

"Oh! Uh, thanks. I got it cut this morning," Charley blushed as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Noah smiled and sat in front up her, appreciating her presence. "You leave tomorrow," she reminded with a sigh and looked down at her hands.

"Yea. I won't be back here for months," he said softly, his facial expression changing. The smile on his face quickly turned into a frown.

"I'll miss you, ya know," she said softly, trying not to cry. She looked up at the ceiling to try and stop her tears. Noah didn't know what to do so he just sat there. A tear escaped her eye and she quickly walked over to the middle of the room, turned away from the boy so he couldn't see.

"Hey!" He quickly ran over to her. He stood in front of her and hugged her. Charley buried her face in the crook of his neck and continued to cry. "Let's not be sad because I'm still here." She looked up at him and nodded. "I'll try and come tomorrow, I promise," Noah grinned sheepishly, making her chuckle. He wiped a tear off of her cheek, making her blush. The two both realized they were holding onto each other and pulled away, their faces both red.

"I-I got an idea," Charley sniffled before running to the kitchen. Noah sat down in a booth and patiently waited for the girl. The blonde finished making a chocolate milkshake and grabbed two straws. There was a smile on her face and her eyes were still red and puffy. She topped off the milkshake with some whipped cream and walked over to the boy. She sat down in front of him and stuck two straws in the drink: one for him and one for her. "Just thought we would share one before you left," she shrugged, making him smile.

"I actually think this is perfect." He took a drink and she did too, accidentally bumping heads. They laughed at each other and smiled. It was honestly the perfect night.

Alone at a diner with one chocolate milkshake and two people, what more could you ask?

—————

I LOVE THIS DAMN SHIP.