iii. stupidly crazy

CHAPTER THREE.
[ iii. stupidly crazy ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

CHARLEY STOOD BEHIND the counter as she rested her head on her hand. She looked at the time and read aloud, "eight forty-five." She sighed at the thought he wasn't coming back. Her phone vibrated, making her jump.

/ TEXTING /

( 2 participants )

maCENT🤑
are u still at the diner?? isn't it
closed by now??

king charles🧐
no. it closes in like 2 hours

maCENT🤑
but u usually close early?? i
am highkey sus-

king charles🧐
don't be :))))

king charles🧐
i gtg i have a customer

maCENT🤑
must be some special customer

READ

Charley excitedly put her phone down and glanced at the door once she heard the bell rang indicating someone opened the doors. She instantly saw the boy walk in with a huge smile on his face. "You know, I'm starting to think you're some kind of stalker," the girl joked. "You won't tell me your name and you keep coming in whenever nobody is around. Seriously starting to think you're a stalker." Noah chuckled at her statement and grinned.

"How can I be a stalker if I don't even know your name?" He asked, still keeping that sluggish smile. The blonde leaned over the counter closer to him and shrugged.

"I guess you come in just to see my appearance?" Charley suggested with a wink, making Noah blush.

"I come in to see my favorite milkshake spiller." He sat on one of those vintage, diner chairs in front of Charley, who was blushing also.

"My friends' are getting very suspicious," Charley added as she dried an empty glass with a rag.

"Mine are too. They think I'm coming to visit you," Noah explained. "I guess I'm bad at keeping secrets."

"I guess you are, Mystery Boy," she smiled as she filled the glass up with a strawberry milkshake mixture. She grabbed the whipped and topped it off. Noah's eyes went wide and she shook her head. "It's not for you, Rat. It's for me."

"Aww, come on," he playfully whined. Charley walked over and sat beside him, drinking the milkshake. "Do you have any siblings?"

Charley shook her head. "Nope, just me and my dad. It's been the two of us for quite a while."

"Where's your mom?"

She sighed and rubbed her head. Her smile immediately turned into a frown. "That's a story for another time." Charley faked a smile and continued to drink her shake. "What about you? Do you have any siblings?"