PROLOGUE

Summer of 18.

Everything was calm, warm, beautiful. The month of June had brought summer to Oslo, which meant that it was finally warm enough to hang outside. Of course, The Girl Squad were not the ones to pass out on this opportunity. It was their last week of school, Russ was behind them (successfully, surprisingly) and there was only one exam left. Then it was over and done. Three years at Nisse had flown by, not easily and without trouble, but together they'd managed.

Noora, Chris, Eva, Sana and Vilde had met up at a local café in the middle of Oslo, and were now sitting outside to soak in the cozy sun as they drank their beverages. All had their eyes closed, leaning back and simply enjoying the moment as simple as it was.

"I should be at home worrying about my Spanish exam," Eva broke the silence, but not bothered enough to straighten up in her seat or even open her eyes.

"Yeah, me too," Noora replied.

"Shut up. You speak that shit fluently."

A soft chuckle danced off Noora's ruby-red lips.

"Ja ja, Eva. But still: I'm ready for that dritt to be over. For good."

All the girls nodded in unision.

"True," Sana added. "At least biology is my last. Going to kick some ass in there."

"I wish I had your confidence, Sana," Noora straightened up before taking a sip of her cocoa. Cold cocoa, of course.

"I wish I had your boyfriend," this was of course Chris, taking a sip of her famous drinking-yoghurt. All the girls broke out in laughter, even Noora, who couldn't help herself.

"Watch out, Noora. I'm comin' for yo man!"

Noora shook her head, causing her blonde locks til follow the movement.  It was longer than ever before, but still reminded everyone of beautiful, white pearls. "I'd like to see you try, Chris. He's all yours if you can get him."

The girl squad ooooh'ed at the statement.

"It's on. Watch out, William"

Once again, the girls couldn't help but laugh. That was one of the many reasons why Noora loved them so much. With them, everything was better and much more fun. Even the hardest times became much easier with these girls. Noora leaned back, letting her gaze pan over each individual of the little group. Pretty sure of the fact that she couldn't have made it without each one of them, another smile spread on her face. Even when she fucked up, with William and Vilde for example, they hadn't judged her. These girls were the most forgiving creatures alive. Of that, she was sure.

"Speaking of William," Eva started, pushing her shades off and into her brown hair. "Any news on the 'apartment'-frontier?"

They'd been hunting for an apartmen for a while now. Last summer, after deciding to stay at Kollektivet with Eskild and Linn, William had decided to get a place of his own. With some financial help from his dad, he'd gotten himself a new, beautiful apartment near his Law school in Oslo centrum. Both had clothe and other necessary things at the other's place, as they often ended up staying at each other's for a couple of days at a time.

"Ja well, we haven't found a place yet. But William mentioned selling his place, and just move into Kollektivet, while we look for a place. That'll save us some rent."

"That's probably a good idea. Especially in Oslo. Everything is serr  expensive," Vilde added. "Magnus and I've been looking for a place as well, and even the smallest, oldest and ugliest apartments are so expensive. Might as well move into a rotten basement."

She received a nod from Noora, "Exactly."

"Oh shut up, your boyfriend is rich," Eva laughed.

Noora blushed, smiling shyly. She knew she had advantages, compared to Vilde, but she didn't like talking about it or admitting to it. It's not like William's money actually mattered to her, but it was nice that they had a bigger budget for important things like a place to live together.

"Either way," the blonde changed the subject, "I just can't wait to be out of Nissen for good, and onto better things."

"Preach, girl," Chris added to the statement, raising her yoghurt.

The other girls joined with their respective beverages, gently nudging them against each other.

"Here's to the future!" Chris added.

Noora followed up on Chris' mini-speech .

"Yes! To the future and much more!"