DAY 78: AUGUST 21ST

The summer was slowly coming to an end, as Oslo's population soaked some of August's last rays of evening sun. Making their way back from the local supermarket, Noora and William had decided to walk instead of taking the car, allowing them to stretch their legs. The last few weeks had been awfully under stimulating, since the two had preferred to stay home - most of the time - in order to enjoy William's last weeks of vacation. In the start of September, he'd be back at university, making it his second year of law school. Noora couldn't say that she was anything but proud of him using his sense of justice and injustice to inspire his future, even though he'd had his beef with the law. William was still William, but his trust in the system had definitely evolved.

"How are you feeling?"

William leaned over their intertwined hands to kiss the side of her head. Momentarily surprised by this sudden question, seeming to appear out of nowhere, Noora caught his stare and gave him a small, reassuring smile. In all honestly, her emotions were still a mess. On the other hand, she did feel good. Maybe not physically, especially not when she clung to the toilet and threw up at 6 AM or when her favourite food made her feel sick, but all in all? She felt glowing and fulfilled in the scariest way ever imaginable.

"I'm good."

William nodded, looking so small and insecure all of the sudden. Not William-like.

"What about th-"

She knew where this was going. They'd been there multiple times, daily, ever since she'd told him the truth. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but he worried too much and it'd eventually drive him insane. She stopped, in the middle of the sidewalk, pulling him back in the process. He immediately stopped, turning to look at her.

"The baby is fine too, William. Just as fine as when you asked yesterday," she smiled cheekily, placing a gentle hand on his cheek. "I love that you care so much, but don't go driving yourself insane. I don't want you to start hating this process. It's long, and this is just the beginning. But we have a doctor's appointment next week, and then again about a month after that, if that can reassure you?"

She sometimes wished someone would reassure her. Being constantly scared, acting like everything was okay, was exhausting at times. On the other hand, she didn't mind doing it for him, as long as she possibly could.

"I'm sorry, I just- I just don't know what to do? I feel misplaced."

Gently squeezing his hand before continuing, Noora couldn't help but think about how endearing a slightly confused William was. So much had changed since their first year together. He was still the 'bad boy' she met back in freshman year, but somehow more down to earth. Almost more at peace, she'd even say.

"Do what you've aways done. Don't change. If you would've done it a month ago, then you can do it now as well. This baby will change some things, yes, but not us, William."

His eyes name left her face. They'd occasionally switch from her eyes to her lips, then back, but besides that, she had his full attention. His eyes seemed to soften, his heartbeat slowing down along with his breathing pattern.

"So even when you're 9 months in, and about to pop, you won't yell at me if I spontaneously push you up against a wall and kiss you hard like hell?"

There he was. Good old William with sarcasm and witty jokes as his natal language.

"Herregud," she had to laugh. "I won't promise anything, but you can always try?" She started walking again, tugging him along. "Let's see if you'll be wanting me that much, when I'm that far and looking like a fat, blonde cow."

He tugged on her arm, carefully making her tumble into his side and allowing him to kiss her cheek.

"Shut up. You'll never be a fat cow."

"We'll see, Wilhelm."

He barely had the time to send her an angry glare, when she spoke again.

"Hey, now that I think about it, Wilhelm would be kind of cute for a little boy? Wilhelm Sætre Magnusson?" She grinned widely.

"Fucking hell... Not that I'd usually disagree with you, but there's a line and you just crossed it. Galskap."

"So what I'm hearing is a no?" She barely managed to bite her lip, because of the wide grin that was plastered across her face.

"What you're hearing is a never, Noora." He chuckled, even though they both knew he was dead serious.

"Never say never."

"Who taught you that bullshit? Justin Bieber?" Now it was his turn to joke, grinning teasingly.

"Well there's another great baby-name."

"Fucking hell, Noora. Stop."

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxx

A/N:

Heyyy!
So I'm going on a vacation for a couple of days, and in order to not use up all of the pre-written chapters, I probably won't stick to the posting schedule for the rest of this week. I promise I'll be back on track as soon as I'm back from vacation!

ALT ER LOVE