DAY 58 - AUGUST 1ST (pt.2)

A/N: don't get used to this ;) but I do realize that I left you with a really horrible cliffhanger, so here's the next part a bit early. Not sure yet if I'll post tomorrow (Sunday) then, but I'll try my best to get a chapter written so that I can. If not, then see you on Monday!

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

After cleaning the kitchen, followed by multiple minutes of nervously pacing as she considered the different ways of wording herself, Noora finally took a deep breath and walked down the short hall to the dimly lit living room. The TV-was on, playing in the background as William was sprawled out on the couch, still scrolling carelessly through the feed of whatever website he was on.

Was she really going to do this.

"William?" He immediately looked up, his gaze making its way over the top of the phone and into her eyes.

Yes, she had to. She owed them that.

He didn't say anything, but kept looking, which Noora took as a green light. He was listening.

"I..." She felt the words get stuck in her throat, as she sat down on the coffee table between the couch and the TV. "...Have something to confess."

Upon hearing these words, William sat up straight on the couch, almost like he was expecting the worst. Bracing himself. Maybe he should, Noora thought to herself.

"I haven't been completely honest with you lately. N-not because I've done something bad," she paused, "I think."

William's faced hardened a bit, but looking hard enough, Noora could also tell that there was fear hiding in his deep, dark eyes. If you didn't know William well enough, you wouldn't know that this came from several years of emotional neglect and a turbulent life. Noora knew though. She knew how miserable and delicate the person in front of her was.

"What I'm trying to say is that... Is that something has happened, but I don't know how, and I hope you can forgive me for not telling you sooner."

Tears started welling up in her tired eyes, caused by the lack of good sleep she'd endured ever since the little conflict with William a week ago. Ever since, she's tossed and turned in her bed, every night, trying to come up with ways to soften the blow. At last she'd come to the conclusion that this wasn't possible. This was too huge and life changing to minimize. William, who'd been so silent ever since she walked into the room, finally spoke up. Just for a second or two.

"Noora, tell me."

His voice wasn't harsh - on the contrary. If she hadn't had teary eyes herself, she could've sworn that she saw his eyes glistening. Biting her lip, she managed to hold her tears back long enough to speak up.

"I'm pregnant."

A tear or two definitely rolled down her cheek, but she was too busy studying his change of expression to count or even care. Throughout time, Noora had mastered the art of figuring out William Magnusson, but in that very moment, she had no clue of what was going on inside his head. For a minute, no one said a word. William didn't budge, almost frozen like a statue, but Noora could tell that he was thinking. Not what he was thinking, but it was clear that his mind was buzzing like never before. A soft breeze came through the open window, somehow managing to soothe the loud silence.

"Is it Chris'?"

Noora felt her heart sink. She couldn't believe this was his first reaction to what she'd just said, but on the other hand she couldn't really blame him.

"Of course not," she whimpered, un purposely letting him know that she was holding back tears and cries.

"Fuck," he breathed out, as he finally moved, for the first time in forever, burying his face in his hands.

Now she was crying. Noora was all about staying calm and undramatic, but this was too much. Even for her.

"I'm sorry," she weeped, not leaving him with her eyes.

Slowly getting over the punch in his gut, and lack of air in his lungs, he looked up and absolutely hated himself, when he saw the sight before his eyes.

"God damnit, no. I'm the one who's sorry," he spoke firmly, bending over just enough to pull her from the table and onto the empty spot beside him. It was against his nature to not hold her. He'd always protect her - even  from something he couldn't protect her from. "I can't believe I just asked you that."

He wasn't sure if she could even hear him, cause he definitely felt warm tears pierce his shirt as she kept her face buried in his chest.

"I'm so sorry," escaped in between a couple of sobs, chopped up in a long stutter. She didn't know what else to say, nor how to stop crying, even though she could feel his arms firmly wrapped around her.

"Shut up, Noora," he placed a long, probably the longest of their entire relationship, kiss to the top of her head. "I don't want to hear you say that anymore."

Though he stayed strong, at the very least on the exterior, numb was the best word to describe him at that very moment. But he didn't let go of her. Not then nor for the rest of the night.
xxxxxxxxxx A/N xxxxxxxxxx

Ahhh, finally. I know that a lot of you had this all figured out a long time ago, but I'm honestly so happy that it's all out there now. There's another part of this day coming up, so you can never know what happens next. But William knows. Oh damn.

Please let me know what you're thinking about all of this in a comment!

ALT ER LOVE