Telling

(Note: sorry this chapters short. I'm still on holiday so I have to use data but I'll be back in 4 days .)

A

lyssa

I sit anxiously watching the clock on the wall tick.tick.tick.
I'm on a plain white seat in front of a blank metal table with a no one occupied on the seat across the end of the isolated room. It had an uninspiring wallpaper on all four sides. Then to my side was a door. It was peircing as the outline was a peachy colour compared to the horrible rotting yellow wallpaper.

Shit. I don't know what to say to them. Being in here has made me feel like I'll never know what will happen to James or my twat of a father. I hear the door open, so I lift my gaze to the figure walking in.

"Eunice?" I say in confusion
"Hello Alyssa" she says uncomfortably and pulls out the chair and sits down. You can clearly see a bruise forming around her left eye.
"They said I should have a rest but I needed to speak to you"
"Bout what? To respect my elders"
"No" she said placing her elbows on the table. "It's about how I can help" my face turns to a questionable look as only one hour ago I hit her over the head with a shotgun. "Your only 17 I know this must be terrifing for you. I'll do all I can to help but first you NEED to tell me the story" she says in a friendly way. I guess I kinda trusted her because, I mean when we were in the tralier she didn't put us in hand cuffs but tried to reason with us.

"The whole story?" I say
"Preferably"
I take a deep breath in " but first can you tell me something"
"Sure why not"
"Will James be okay?"
"Not sure. They said he lost alot of blood. Might make it, might not. He's in the hospital now but I'll keep you up to date"
I knew no other cop would tell me that so it come as a relief.
"Ok."
After about ten minutes of telling her about me and James taking James father's car and me trying to find my father. She kept noding and analyzing what I was saying.
"Yep and thats that."
"Well there is pros and cons. You could be put in a Borstal for a few months because of theft and breaking into someone's house plus stabbing your dad in the leg. Borstal is like a jail for people under 18"

The first question that pops into my head is
"Where would James go?"
"James one is alot more serious. It might be put as defense but it get tricky when you broke in. He was 17 when they murder happend so he might go to another Borstal or go to jail. He could spend a up to 10-15 years imprisonment"

"Well... Shit"
"It's not great but I'll do all I can."
"Thank you" I say in a low whisper
"There going to get your parents in and you'll stay a few night here in a room down the hall" she says and leaves the room.