Lust and Blood

"His lust obtaynde, he lives in miserie,

His guilty ghost dooth see his plague appeare,

Who goeth straight he needeth not to feare." - Anonymous

The smell of clouding death and the sound of thundering darkness always used to fascinate Usher Jadefox. His life was one of the messiest labyrinths, complete with the slithering silky ink of addiction and lust. The dropping and drumming feeling everyone called "fear" was like water in his hands, slipping every time he tried to grip it. He was intrepid like a lion, ready to prowl behind the drugs he used to have. When the mini particles of the dusty powders flew inside his nose, the world became the most bewildering melting shades of the seven rainbow colors. The round dots of dancing darkness and light used to play in his mind.

But then, seven obscure and mucky figures came; they pushed a stingy needle in his system and the shutter of his body shut down. Jadefox lost counting the black stars and endured the uninvited pain the liquid caused his blood. The bed he owed and the bugs in it were suddenly abandoned when they took him out and threw his thread light body inside a huge, comfy medical van. 

After an hour or so, his still active nostril flared with the smell of a hospital; the mixture of medicine and phenyl overpowered his senses, pulling them towards the edge of the reality. His bare eyes fluttered a few times before fully rounding with astonishment.

The silky white bedsheet, the mauve walls, the soothing air conditioner, the grey flower vase on which red flowers were standing kissed his chest with unfamiliar hopes and evil lust. Why was he like this? He should not be this weak and easily bribeable. But then again nature bore two types of people; ones who accepted the vague and brutal lives they had and the others who would not buy the reality rather snatch the best they got- Usher Jadefox falls rightly in the second category. Any luxurious and wealthy opportunity could buy his conscience and humanity without an effort.

"You seem to be a brilliant, nice man. Welcome back." The heavy experienced voice of a man cut the layered thoughts in Jadefox's mind. He looked to his right to find a bald, tall and sneaky looking man leaning against the sprawled sofa.

Jadefox did not know how to smile or at least he forgot. His lips quivered. The clever looking man approaches him in a somewhat authoritative manner; his big feet closing the gap between them slowly. Jadefox looked all the way up to his eyes. The man reflected wealth, glory and smelled of money and selfishness.

"Here, take my hand and sit up," His stone eyes fell on Jadefox, then he added, "Please." The way his tongue moved and lips protested to pronounce a simple word of manner screamed his despotic authority here. Wherever this was; this man in front of him was not familiar with politeness, so as Jadefox. And he nodded.

"How are you feeling now?" The man asked.

Jadefox struggled to speak, a dry cough was being naughty in the back of his throat. Clutching the sheet on his crotch, he directed the man with his eyes to hand him the water. The man stared at him with disbelief in his glassy eyes before he helped him drink water and revive his life. Jadefox sniffed something fishy in all these polite gestures of this man.

"Um," Jadefox coughed finally, "I'm quite fine now." He needed to ask the man's name so he proceeded, "I am having itches in my throat. That's all. Otherwise, I'm completely fine. Thanks, Mr.?"

"It's Seth Woolf. Nice knowing you are feeling well. Now can we have a talk?" He asked and Jadefox nodded.

*********************

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Hold on...Are you trying to say I am being reincarnated as a shitty beast? Cuz I wasn't dead when the potheads came and fucked up my whole van!" Jadefox shouted in fountaining rage. His pale ears suddenly wore red warmth and his body blazed with anger. The perfect cool temperature of the room felt unbearable all of a sudden.