A Lonesome Intimacy

I'm trying but I keep falling down

I cry out but nothing comes now

I'm giving my all

And I know peace will come

I never wanted to need someone

Yeah, I wanted to play tough

Thought I could do all this on my own

But even Superwoman

Sometimes needed Superman's soul. ("Helium" by Sia)

"Hey, I see you're all alone. What happened?" Sam asked Kajal.

"I'm not alone. I'm just unaccompanied." She replied shrugging her shoulders before turning her head to the distant lights of glowing streets. The faint lingering horns of a motorcycle could be heard. Sam felt something, again.

He brought their shoulders closer and tried again, smiling he says, "No. Don't lie to me. Nobody's unaccompanied in a party unless they're abandoned. Like me! See?"His thumbs rose straight against him.

"Sam, go away! I don't feel like talking now." Kajal's desperate need to be alone clasped Sam's lonely heart and his smile slipped. Without a warning, his tongue moved and vocal cord trembled producing some embarrassing words, "I just....wanted to cheer you up. You looked so lonely and gloomy."

Kajal shot up from her asana position. Folding her arms, she barked out, "Look, I don't look lonely, I am lonely. Now, leave me or I will." She waited for a heated reaction until one sweaty drop sipped from her hair, traveled down on her spine, soaked by her pale, dead skin. Her companion patted the empty space beside him on the wooden chair.

"Fine! What do you want?" Kajal puffed out as soon as she sat down, defeated.

Sam's eyes floated to the dancing shadows inside the house they were supposed to be partying. There was no lurking wind to stimulate the intoxicated thoughts so that they could break free the shackles of his introvert self. Lonely, separated voices were playing in both of their minds; they felt tired of hiding. They felt the urge to explode.

After some moments of conflict, Sam's lips moved, "I know that. I am lonely too. How old are you again?"

Kajal cocked an eyebrow at him, "Are you serious? My age? How is my age related to this conversation?"

"Say na!" Sam insisted turning his head to look at Kajal.

Her eyes were too embarrassed to meet his, "I lose counting every time. I guess I am one hundred and eighty-three years old."

"I am three hundred and five years. I always count my misery," Sam confessed, " But I think age does that to a man. Since we used to be humans, we feel this way, I guess. It's my theory, completely."

They fell silent; an uncomfortable, breathing silence.

Galloping down all awkwardness, Kajal cleaned her throat before uttering, "Do your parents love you?"

"Of course! And I love them too. After all, they're all I've got. I think my own human folks couldn't pamper me like them. What about yours?"Sam asked, kicking a stone afar.

Two little, golden twigs brushed across Kajal's dark hair, making the contrast something to behold to Sam. He wanted to feel the soft, smooth texture of the black alcohol.

Kajal's mind was devoid of thoughtlessness. Her mind was busy weaving strands of memories; some joyous, some heartbreaking. The loud shouts of accusation pierced her mind's ears causing her to place her hands protectively on either side of her head. Sam noticed and placed a hand on her right knee. Her eyes watery, lips dichotomized and voice croaky, she said, "They loved me. They aren't alive anymore. I've killed them."

Sam never saw this coming. "What?- Look, don't joke about your foster parents. They're too your mom and dad," after realizing the dry seriousness in the atmosphere, he sobered up, "You can't kill them. I'm aware that you are a vampire, but I also know that you can't murder your own people."

Kajal sniffed the warm sweat rolling down from his forehead. She replied, "They say I've killed them."

"They say? They who?" Sam was overwhelmed and confused.

She closed her trembling eyelids and the transparent pain came flowing down, "I don't know. Everybody says I'm the murderer of my own foster parents. And I guess, it's true. I do sometimes feel like a devil," She looked at Sam with keen sorrow, "That's why they don't mingle with me. I have been lonely for the past fifty years after they became.... dead."

Sam's jaw clenched and his fists rounded, he knelt down on the ground in front of Kajal. "Look, there's a huge misunderstanding. People are saying what they don't know. I know you even when we just met yesterday. You were feeding and I went on a hunt- we met and there I felt something. Something I've never felt before; something magical. And that's why I know who you're and what you are capable of. So please, don't blame yourself. Do not say you've killed them when you're innocent. The Queen knows everything, right?"

Kajal nodded, seemingly carried away.

"The God knows, his avatar the Queen knows. They don't blame you. I don't blame you. Look around, there are still people who have faith in you. Please, tell me what do you remember?"

"Three claws holding a stake."

"Are you sure?"

"Mm-hm"

"Well, anything else?"

"No- Nothing."

"Really?"

"Yes, trust me. I can't remember anything. Do you think somebody glamoured me?" She asked, concerned.

Sam's eyebrows came closer, "But you're not a human."

"I know. But I am not sure. Do you think one vampire can glamour another?"

"No, unless the accused isn't a vampire but something else."

"Who can it be? A beast?"

"I'm afraid it seems so."

Instantly, Kajal grasped Sam's hands with all the strength she had. Her eyes were mad with fear; she asked, "A beast killed my family?"

"Hey, hey," Sam consoled her by hugging her tight, "Don't worry, alright? We will find it whatever killed your mom and dad. We will take this case to the Queen. Do you understand? Don't you worry, baby girl! I'm here. Let's go inside."

Kajal nodded again; her fangs appeared viciously. Then they left the garden lonely.

As soon as they were gone, the crunchy leaves cracked just like the clouds in the deep blue sky. In the midst of the blackish green bushes, two eyes shone before they dissolve back into oblivion.

*********************

A/N:

Another update, another new chapter. Hurrah! The misty cloud of my writer's block is disappearing, I guess. Tomorrow is my exam and I'm here typing story.

I'm a writer, what can I do? Lol!

Hey, how's this chapter? Please, let me know.

And if you like it, damn hit the vote button and share it across the globe.

Also, I love you!