Chapter 46

I packed my stuff and headed for a quick bite to eat. I couldn't face off against two demons on an empty stomach, especially without coffee. As I sat waiting in the drive through line, for my sausage egg and cheese croissant, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I'm calling about the house that's for sale on Normandy street," a man on the other line said.

"Okay great. Would you be able to come and look at it today?" I asked.

"That would be awesome. Have you had any offers on it yet?"

I almost spit out my reflexive lie and told him that there were already a lot of interested buyers, but my new friends had more effect on me than I thought.

"No you're the first. I just put it on the market last night actually."

"Wow. Yeah the photos look great. It says it's for sale by owner. Did you take them?"

"I did, but I'm a realtor so I've had a little practice."

"Ah nice."

"Yeah and I'll take care of all the paperwork, and wave my fees since it's my property, so if you like it that should save you a good bit of money," I said.

"Fantastic."

"I could show the house to you pretty much anytime today as soon as I take care of a couple errands."

More like a couple of demons. I wish I knew how long it would take me to get rid of them, but I had no idea.

"Okay well I'm on my way to work, but how about like 5:30?" he asked.

"Five thirty it is. I'll see you there."

"Great. Thanks again."

"Thank you. See you then."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and mumbled, "if I'll still be alive at 5:30."

The car in front of me drove forward and I was one car away from warm breakfast sandwich bliss. As I came to a stop to wait my turn, I thought about fighting two demons. It made my heart pound faster. I froze imagining facing off against two super fast glowing sword wielding fallen angels. The car behind me honked. I started and looked up. It was my turn. I pulled up to the window.

"Ray always in a hurry Cincinnati. What's up? Whoa. Are you alright man? You don't look so good."

"I'm fine. Here, take my card. Please."

"Right. Your card. Sorry man."

He ran my card and handed it back to me.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine. I just need one of your delicious sandwiches and some strong coffee," I said, but my stomach wasn't feeling so good anymore. I couldn't stop thinking about the demons. I took my breakfast.

"Take it easy bro."

I nodded and pulled away driving toward the address Bill had given me. I knew I would need my strength so I ate while I drove even though I didn't feel like it anymore. The coffee was a welcome thing though. It was warm and delicious while it made me more alert. I used it to wash down my breakfast sandwich and my fear.

I arrived at a very old house that was two stories tall and massively wide. Despite being an old building it was very well cared for. For a minute the beautiful architecture made me forget about the fear in my gut about the two demons. I pulled up next to Bill's sleek black SUV and got out. Bill saw me and joined me outside.