Chapter 1

8:33 A.M. Math class. It was boring as usual. I was one of the smarter kids in my class, and I often found myself correcting the teacher. It bothered people at first, but after awhile I found myself fitting in, which led to dating a well known football guy. 

I felt a tap behind me. It was a kid I didn't know with a note in his hand. I grabbed it from his hand, and opened it up. It said:

Marie,

Hey are you busy tonight? Maybe we can go get ice cream and catch a movie. I'm free tonight.

Sam

I smiled, and decided to catch him right after class.

"Hey, I'm not busy tonight." I said, right after my AP English class. Sam was grabbing textbooks from his locker. "Okay sounds great. Have fun in gym." he said. "I will try." I said with the most sarcastic tone I could come up with. He laughed, and I gave him a quick hug then ran to the locker room. I quickly threw on my shorts and t-shirt, and laced up my tennis shoes. Luckily I wasn't late, but I was the last one to get there.

"Okay cupcakes! Listen up! Today you will be running a mile around town!" yelled our P.E. Teacher. Groans escaped from some students.

"Quit your whining! You have one hour. Don't get yourself killed and try not to break your faces." he yelled once again. I was a fit runner and usually got back before everyone else. Everyone started to stretch when I felt a pain in my shoulder. I lifted my sleeve to look at a red mark on my arm. It was a small dot with a red circle surrounding it. I had no clue where it came from or how I got it. But it was probably an injury from my past life, a life that was stolen from me.

I woke up in an alley about six months ago. I had no birth record, no parents, nothing to prove that I existed. The police and FBI placed me in a foster home until further notice. From what I could remember I was seventeen, and my name was Marie. Over time I found out small personal traits, things I liked and did not like. It was still wrong, having no clue where I had came from or who I was, and not knowing if there was someone out there looking for me. 

Kids started to head outside so I followed. We started to run on the wide sidewalk and I began to pass kids until I was way out front. Everyone knew the path that went all the way around school. I got into my zone and picked up my pace. I was so focused I didn't see the black SUV following me.

I was totally spacing off when I decided to stop at a drinking fountain and get a drink. I turned and looked down the street and saw the SUV pull of to the side. Two men dressed in suits and black shades stepped out of the car. They walked right up to me.

"Marie Stain, we're going to have to ask for you to come with us." One of men said. Something weird was going on. "What do you need?" I asked. The men brought out a black wallet and flipped it open, showing a gold badge. 

"We're with the CIA. Either you cooperate, or we will take you by force." The man said. I shrugged my shoulders, then turn and ran. I heard footsteps gaining on me as I thumped my feet against the pavement. Suddenly, I fell to the ground, with a large weight on me. I struggled, trying to escape. Cold hands touched my neck as I felt something be inserted into my neck. A haze fell over me as I slipped into darkness. 

***

Light. A bright light was shone in my face. My hands and feet were bound to a chair. I squinted at the light that was above me. The rest of the room was black.

"Hey! Where the heck am I?" I yelled. No response. "Hello? Can anybody hear me?" I yelled once again. Nothing. 

I heard something that sounded like a door opening. A man in a suit approached me, and pulled up a stool in which he sat on.