Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Dara Hoskins and Elle Scriver

I followed Seven as he stormed out the door. He went up some stairs and I gawked at a huge workout area that was on the second floor. People were working out, training, and doing an assortment of things. I caught up to Seven, and grabbed his arm, as he whipped around to face me. 

"What's wrong with me going back to training?" I said, as the veins in his neck bulged. 

"Everything! It's not right.... not fair." he said, starting to walk off again. I let him go as three people ran up to me. I realized it was Neil, Liz, and the girl that was crying when I had first been interviewed by the agent. 

"What's his problem?" I asked, facing the others. Liz looked down, and the other girl just stared at me, wide eyed.

"Just... give him some time. You see, you and Seven were supposed to head up the trainnie program together and he was... you both were... looking forward to it." Neil said. I sighed, wishing I could remember anything... but I had.

"Do you know yet why I freaked out in the hospital?" I asked. Liz looked up, and folded her arms. 

"We're not sure yet. I mean one minute you were weak and the next you went into robot mode. However, the information you provided us was... interesting."

"What do you mean interesting?" I asked, as Liz shrugged her shoulders. 

"I don't know the details... but whatever thing you showed Seven on his computer might bring some answers to your disappearance." I sighed. Everything I did, led to more questions. Nothing was getting answered. 

"You look pretty stressed. How about we go get some lunch?" Neil said. I nodded my head as I followed him and the rest downstairs. 

*******

As soon as we stepped in the cafeteria, everyone went silent. They stared at me, the same way the girl that was with us did. I looked down, and followed Neil up to the serving line. 

"Why is everyone staring?" I asked, as people resumed to talk again. 

"You were pretty big around here. Everyone looked up to you." Liz said. I crinkled my eyebrows. How could I be that important?

I looked behind me and I saw Seven in line. He saw me, and then made his way over to where we were at in the line. 

The awkward silence was unbearable as Seven joined us. It remained that way until we made it to an I.D. scanner. Everyone pulled out their card and swiped it, and i fumbles with mine as I scanned it. It was a sleek gold card, that had a series of digits on it with an embedded fingerprint, which I assumed to be mine. Seven was the only other one that had a gold card. Neil had a green card and Liz and the other girl had blue cards. I wondered what the colors meant, but I didn't ask, to keep from the pain of having people reminding me things all the time. 

The rest filled up their trays with lots of food. I just grabbed an apple and a yogurt and followed them to a round table, which had eight seats available. Everyone sat down, seeming natural in their spots. I got the felling that the one next to Seven, was reserved for me. 

"When did you become a light eater?" Neil asked, looking at my tray. I shrugged my shoulders.

"No wonder you are so thin..." Neil said, taking a bite of a sandwich. "Thin?" I asked, eating a bite of my apple. 

"Well, last time you had a physical on file you weighed about fifty pounds more than what you are... but you weren't fat. You just had a lot of muscle mass." I sighed. Another thing to worry about.

"Kylie, how is it down in tech? With the.... project." Seven said to the girl. She looked up, and whispered, "It is not going according to plan." Seven  slammed his fist on the table. No one flinched, as if they were used to his sudden outbursts. 

"I'm going to take care of that right now. Liz, Kylie, do you mind taking Marie to get some things from... you know." he said, standing up. Liz nodded her head as Kylie looked down. 

"I'll meet you guys at midbreak." he said, as he walked away. 

"What's his deal?" I grumbled. Neil looked at me strange, then mumbled something under his breath. 

"Well Marie, are you ready to go?" Liz asked, taking a swig of her water. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, standing up.

"The pit of no return."

*******

Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying! Stay tuned to find out what happens next.... 

~Lovekbc13~