Chapter 6 [Edited]

Chapter 6

Katherine's P.O.V

        "He's kinda hot you know," Alice told me as she sat on my bed and I rolled my eyes at her. My wolf was slightly angry by her comment but I ignored her.

"Yeah I kinda do," I said, "does it matter?"

"Hm, not really anyway I need to see Aden"

I smirked, "so you guys have talked through everything?"

Alice sighed, "Yes, your stupid plan worked"

"Not so stupid now is it?" she rolled her hazel eyes at me and then left my room. I decided not to be a wuss and motivated myself to at least leave my room. I could sense Colton's scent and then stay away from him. I grabbed my iPhone and walked down the corridor with my head down, my eyes locked on my iPhone screen. Then someone bumped into me.

"Sorry," A familiar voice said and my eyes widened, crap. I let my hair fall before me as a curtain and I peered through it.

"Just watch where you're walking next time," I retorted and Mason frowned.

"Have I seen you somewhere before?"

"Um, no bye," I then ran away from him. Luckily all the perfume I had used, intentionally, covered up my scent so he wouldn't recognise me. As I walked down the stairs I noticed some Midnight Pack members around, talking amongst our pack members and themselves. My heels clicked against the floor as I walked into the kitchen and got out a drink then I felt someone's arms wrap around me and I almost chocked on my drink.

"Um, Sky?" I called, moving my hair back and looking at him as he hugged me, "what are you doing?"

"I thought you'd want a hug since you know they are here," Sky told me

"Um, I'm fine" Logan and Chace walked into the kitchen after seeing the sight they laughed "Skylar let go of me!" He moved away from me slowly.

"You always told me that Katherine Dawson hugs are the best but be honest Skylar Black hugs are the best!" I rolled my eyes at him but laughed.

"Katherine Dawson?" A familiar voice asked from the door and I stiffened.

Oh shit!

        Mason stood by the door with wide eyes as he took in my appearance and I took in his. His hair had turned a shade lighter by the looks of it and his eyes, like always, were a darker shade of blue than mine and his skin slightly tan; he was much taller and more muscular. "Katherine?" Mason asked again, "as in our Katherine?" I just stared at him "You're Kat!" he then looked at Chace, "You said she was your sister?"

        Chace frowned, "well for three years she has been maybe not by blood but I'm sure we had the brother-sister bond you didn't care to have," Ouch. Take that Mason. Colton then came into the kitchen and looked around. He was even more attractive then I remember. His chesnut hair was tousled, he was slightly taller and muscular and his eyes a beautiful blue. He looked like an angel but even the devil was once an angel.

"What's going on?" He asked and then his eyes widened as he looked at me and his eyes trailed across my body, "K- Katherine, is that really you?"

         "No shit Sherlock!" I snapped and they looked taken back. Seeing Colton stirred some feelings. They were shocked at my foul language but I just continued to glare at them. Soon enough other pack members from the Midnight Pack came into the kitchen all their eyes widened as they saw me. I especially loved the reaction I got from a specific blonde. Kayla. Her green eyes widened and then they turned into slits, her eyes filled with rage and jealousy. A look I craved from her before.

"You're hot!" A guy commented from the Midnight Pack and Colton growled at him. Douche.

"Where the hell did you go?" Mason asked me, with a frown, "we all searched for you!"

       "Do you know how hard it was for three years?" Colton asked, it was hard for him? I'm the one who trained to forget and become different, "It was especially hard for me since you're my-"

         "Mate?" I snapped, the rage in me building up. How can he come here and claim me as his mate after three fucking years?! "To hell I am your mate. Three years ago you rejected me, insulted me and accused me of lying." I then looked around at the pack members, "you all made my life a living hell," I then looked back at Mason and Colton, "especially the both of you! By own blood couldn't even treat me right. Chace isn't even blood related but he's a better brother then you'll ever be Mason. And you Colton! You, oh my god, you frustrate me! How dare you come here and call me your mate? Is it because of how I look now? You know what fuck you Colton!" I then looked at Kayla, then back at him and smelt his scent on her, "you ditched me for the pack slut well you can have her. I don't need any of you!" With that I pushed past them and stormed up to my room.

Logan's P.O.V

Kat was on fire. Screaming at them and yelling profanities. I was proud of her confidence. I shoved past the Midnight Pack and Colton followed me, "don't go near her," I snarled at him and he growled back at me, his eyes turning darker.

"She's my mate!" He demanded.

"You heard her, she doesn't need you. I suggest you calm yourself down or I will ask you to leave my territory and for the sake of your pack I would suggest taking deep breaths," he huffed but didn't move.

"I just want to talk to her. She's my sister," I heard Mason say as he left the kitchen. Liam scoffed.

"You weren't saying that three years ago," Liam stated and Mason glared at him. Chace sighed and stood before Mason and Colton.

"Give her space. If she wants to see you she will," Chace told them.

"Don't go near here," Aden snarled with Skylar by his side.

       "Yet," Chace added, "she needs space. Now I suggest you calm down by going on run," they all stared at each other but then Colton and Mason both walked away. Chace has always been the responsible and patient one.

I walked upstairs to Katherine's room and knocked on the door after a minute, she called me in "hey," I greeted her softly as I sat besides her on her bed and she sighed.

"Hi," She greeted me back.

"You okay now?"

"Yeah. I just blew off some steam,"

I chuckled, "How does it feel? You were on fire!"

She giggled as well, "it felt good! Especially seeing their faces"

          Katherine is one of the prettiest girls I know. When I first saw her I couldn't help but think of how cute she was with her short her and her cute smile. I watched her over three years transform into someone so pretty, confident and daring. She was almost perfect. I have to admit I did have a small crush on her and I wanted her to know more now since Colton was here. I knew seeing her mate would bring back her feelings for him and I didn't want that to happen. At all. If I asked her out now I know that she would probably not like me as much as she would like Colton.

What did Katherine do to have a mate such as him? I should have been her mate.

Fate works in strange ways.

GIF: Mason 

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Dislike it? Comment and vote.