A Place of Nightmares Chapter 6 - Rosenthorne Manor, A History.

Maggie and Martin made themselves as comfy as possible in the hallway outside the kid's rooms and turned to Google. Maggie typed in, Rosenthorne Manor, Devon, UK.

An article popped up saying it had been on the market but had been sold. "Well duh!" She muttered to Martin's amusement.

She scrolled down the list, and found, Rosenthorne Manor, Orphange for War Orphans closed in 1959.

The stately home once the crowing glory of the Maygar Family, originating in Ireland, was once again closed this month after serving the needs of children orphaned during World War 11. Funding was running low and with a small number of children now being housed, it could not be justified keeping it open.

This piqued Maggie's Interest, and she Googled Rosethorne, Orphange.

The next article was a little disturbing. Police were called today to the stately facade of Rosenthorne Manor after yet another disappearance of one of it's children. McKinley Wagner age 7 was reported missing from the home yesterday morning. A extensive search of the house and grounds was launched, however no trace of the missing child could be found. This follows the disappearance of at least six other children in the last year and a half. As no trace of the children has been found, the official finding for now is unresolved. The general sentiment expressed by Devon Police is the children had either run away on their own, or had been abducted. Enquiries into the disappearances continue........

"Martin! I saw a little girl in the hallway, she said her name was McKinley!" Maggie gasped.

"A ghost?" He asked looking skeptical.

"Need I remind you of the bedroom? Lucy?" She asked him, her fear evaporating into anger.

"Good point, you think she died here?"

"Could be."

"Try googling Rosenthorne, history?" He suggested.

Maggie did as he asked, and up popped the same two articles as before, along with several others.

The first of which was a article about Rosenthorne being used as a hospital for the mentally confused. There was a grainy old photo of a group of staff standing on the front steps. Three men in white coats with stethoscopes around their necks, Doctors, Himmler, West and Stabbler. A stern looking woman with a mirthless face and flat black eyes, Nurse Diane Tweed, Mental Health Sister, Then a variety of lesser nurses and orderlies just referred to as staff.

The next article was even more disturbing. Mental Asylum shut down, Angel of Death suspected of torturing and murder of patients.

The Rosenthorne Hospital for the Mentally Confused was shut down today after allegations of torture and suspected murder by nurse Diane Tweed. Nurse Tweed was said to have been witnessed leaving the rooms of several patients who were later found maimed or deceased.

When questioned Nurse Tweed replied she simply used slightly unorthodox methods to get the best results for her patients. If they hurt themselves or died after, she took no responsibility as they were still alive and well after treatment.

Head Administrator Doctor Himmler released a statement today saying he had no knowledge of Nurse Tweed's activities, but would be launching a full investigation into her conduct.

Enquiries continue.

Maggie's hands were freezing as she scrolled down to the next article.

Angel of Death, Suspect Missing.

Police are currently looking for the where abouts of Nurse Diane Tweed, suspect in the deaths and assault of several patients under her care at the Rosenthorne Asylum.

After an exhaustive investigation, it was found inconclusive as to whether Mrs Tweed was in fact responsible for the injuries and deaths. Authorities still need to speak to Mrs Tweed. If any one knows of her whereabouts please contact Devon Police.

Martin blew air between his lips, "I wish we knew all this before!"

"You and me both!" Agreed Maggie, she sipped her coffee then scrolled down further.

Angel of Death Aquitted.

After several week's missing Diane Tweed has been found innocent of charges of assault and suspected murder after the deaths and injury of several patients. The Coronial Inquest deemed there was not enough evidence to suggest any other causation except natural death or misadventure on the part of the individual.

"She got away with it!" Said Martin, staring at the screen.

"Well they couldn't say if she did it either way." Maggie replied.

"What's your gut tell you?" Marty asked.

"She did it."

"Hmm mm!"

Maggie slapped him on the arm.

They scrolled down to the next article it was all about the opening of the Orphange. Again a photo of smiling staff this time with several gapped toothed kiddies gathered around.

All in all it was a cute article, until the last paragraph. It was also reported former suspect in The Angel of Death case involving Rosenthorne Asylum also applied for staff at the Orphange, needless to say she was turned away.

However as Maggie and Martin scanned the page before them, a shadowy figure could be seen standing by a tall hedge that had run about the property at that time. A tall lady in a floor length black cloak.

Maggie couldn't be one hundred per cent sure but there were similarities between this figure and the thing she had glimpsed in the bedroom.

The next article that popped up the most disturbing of all. England's Top Ten Most Haunted Locations. There at number three was a photo of their new home, Rosenthorne Manor.

"Oh my God. We could be in trouble here." She said to Martin, who sat silently beside her. The reports of ghostly occurrences matched almost exactly their own experiences to date. And more that left the hair standing up on their arms.

The next thing Maggie typed into the search engine was this; Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Investigators. They were going to need all the help they could get.