Prepare For Trouble!

It was lucky that the rest of the night went without a hitch for the four roommates that night, and by the time they had all woken up, they found things hadn't changed at all.

They went to breakfast together at the cafeteria, and Misty was just thankful that Leaf wasn't getting on her nerves for once, whether it was from the brunette's clumsiness – the darn girl had to do the equivalent of a whole traipse act just to prevent her cup of opened fruit from spilling onto the floor whilst in line, even though she could've just pushed an arm forward to catch the plastic cup – her annoying little tittering from time to time, or more importantly, the thing Misty was glad Leaf didn't do was... Annoying the poor ginger-head by being too-close-for-comfort when it came to interacting with Ash...

Misty would've gladly pulled out her mallet if that happened. Which luckily, from the time the group had woken up, waited their individual turn to use the washroom, and filing to the cafeteria, had gone without mishap, or anything that would've made her jealous, so there was no need for that.

At first the group at in silence, but when asked about their plans going forward today, Ash had said they were going to hit the road once more, but Leaf had been extremely insistent that visiting the nearby shopping center would be way more fun than hitchhiking once more. "...And besides, you can go training against the local trainers in the square. It'll be fun!"

"All right," Ash said with a smile, "Nothing wrong with taking a break from travelling every now and then, right guys?"

"Yeah, we could do with a supply restock anyways," Tracey continued.

"Fine by me," Misty murmured, not at all pleased by how Leaf was starting to dictate their agenda... Not that they had any to begin with however. But she still felt riled up for a different reason, "Why do you have this effect on me, Leaf? I don't even know why I bother - it's clear Ash doesn't see you that way, but then... why do you make me feel so jealous around him...? Curse you Ash, why do you have this effect on me...?"

"Misty?" the voice was directed at her, and once more she found that she once again had to be brought back to the present. She really was spacing out a lot because of just Ash lately, wasn't she?

She turned to see Ash's concerned look at her, she felt an odd tug in her stomach when she locked with his eyes and gulped a little inwardly. "Y-yeah?" she muttered.

"Toge toge...?" Togepi muttered, looking up at ther.

"You were spacing out, again..."

"Oh, sorry..."

"Are you feeling unwell?" Ash continued. "Maybe you should stay behind, I'd rather you didn't catch a cold or worsen whatever it is that you're feeling."

Misty stared. Ash's eyes practically said everything, concern for her well-being; it touched her that he could care so much sometimes.

"N-no," she eventually said, "I'm actually fine, I swear it." Well, physically and in terms of her health she was fine, mentally... It was pretty grey. But right now she knew that her unstable mental condition was really starting to concern everyone.

"Misty..." Ash finally said, "Be honest, please? Are you, or are you not, okay?" Frustrated at her distractions, he didn't even wait for a response. He reached with a bare hand placed it on her forehead to check her temp. Misty went red in the face from the touch, but Ash didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, her temp was normal.

"Well, at least you're okay in that department. Cheer up, Misty! You've been way too gloomy as of late."

Misty scowled at that. "I'm fine, and besides you're hardly qualified to say anything about health if you couldn't even understand Pikachu's own illnesses from time to time, Ash Ketchum," she snapped, swatting Ash's shoulder before flicking his nose and turning around to huff, pleased at having masked her emotions so well.