Misty Kicks it like it's 1986

Ash stared helplessly in front of him, the bars of this cage he couldn't break by just ramming them, and trying to use Bulbasaur to use Razor Leaf was no help either.  He felt the ship land just a few moments ago, nearby were Pikachu and Squirtle in their respective cages.  Ash shuddered crossly – he hated this feeling of helplessness.

Just then light came flooding into the room.  Ash looked up irritably.

"Well, twerp," Jessie greeted coldly, "it wouldn't make sense for us to kidnap you and not try to take away your remaining Pokémon, would it?"

"You won't get away with this, Team Rocket!" Ash bit back.

"Oh, yous think so?" Meowth enquired.

"I think we already have," James finished smugly.  "After all, you're the one currently trapped, not us."

"Care to do the honors, Meowth?" Jessie went on, Ash gritted his teeth.

"With pleasure," the feline Pokémon snickered.  He pulled out a machine, clicked a button, and even though Ash tried to stop them, it didn't stop the machine from sucking Ash's other four Pokéball's away from his grasp.

The trio laughed and then went off to begin picking up boxes.  "Why do we have to sort through these again?" James groaned.

"The boss said so," Jessie said sharply.  "He wants all of our captured Pokémon sorted through to make the registration process easier."

All Ash could do was watch as the crooks left the robot and went out, all he could was sit, wait, and hope that help would come soon...

OoOoO

Meanwhile the Misty and the others were racing through the woods following Marill, Misty's face was scrunched up in a bitter way.  She was going to teach that Team Rocket their final lesson.

Just then Marill stopped; Misty's heart began beating in a strange way as a sense of dread came over her.  Surely this didn't mean that Team Rocket got out of Marill's hearing range?

"Marill, what's up?" Tracey asked.  The Water type took a look at her surroundings and twitched her ears before turning her full attention to the right of their current path and pointed.  "That's where Team Rocket's jets took them?"

"Marill rill!" she confirmed.

"We don't have a moment to lose," Leaf remarked.  "But..."

"But what?" Misty started impatiently.

"Do you... Think we're prepared to take them on again?"

"What do you mean?" Misty asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, it's just that... even though we were holding our own back there at the center, it was obvious we just barely were if they were able to capture Ash and his Pokémon," Leaf murmured, rubbing her arm awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'd have to agree," Tracey admitted.  "We just managed to prevent them from stealing all of our Pokémon, but it's clear they've gotten sharper if they stopped and captured Ash's Pikachu so quickly."

"Well we'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen again," Misty retorted, turning to go back on the hunt.  "They won once, but not this time..."

"She's awfully determined," Leaf said quietly to Tracey.

"She is usually determined and headstrong," Tracey replied, rubbing his chin in thought, "but not to this extent.  I suspect it's become personal because of Ash."

"You think so?" Tracey nodded.  "Wow..."

"I'll show them to mess with Ash..." Misty angrily thought.  "That idiot thought he could handle things, now look that what that has gotten him into!  I'll fix it though, for him... AND THE POKÉMON TOO!" she quickly added.