18) family reunion.

A purple haired boy walked by the street, with a blonde haired asshole alongside him.

Shinsou chuckled softly at whatever Monoma was saying, and then proceeded to ignore evrything else. He looked straight ahead at the nearly empty road, expecting to see nothing, but instead saw 3 other people who looked like they were lost.

The trio in front of them were looking left and right, pointing at the phone that the middle held in their hand. He didn't recognize them at all- he didn't think that he knew anyone with a snake head at least.

The girl flicked her tongue out, scratching her head in confusion. The white haired girl ran up to the two of them and bowed before opening her mouth.

"Uhm excuse me! Do you know the way to-"

She was cut off by a loud bang at the house directly beside them. The ground rattled and emerald green vines shot up, impaling the house through the concrete and tilting it to one side. The rustle of the leaves were deafening, almost as loud as Present Mic's voice, but the silence that came after it was the scariest.

Shinsou stopped and stared at the chaos that unfolded to his right. A berserk plant? No, he recognized the way the vines shot up from the roof before.

Monoma whistled and laughed in response to the loud crash. The chubby male in the group wiped his handkerchief against his forehead, laughing along nervously.

Shinsou's eyes darted as he stared at the flashing figures that flew past the cracked windows. He leaned forward and squinted his eyes to confirm his suspicions. A larger shadow slammed into the window and shattered it, sliding down to reveal a face- not just any, but yours.

Shinsou straightened his back. "I need you three to answer me honestly and together. You're lost?"

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Yes."

Suddenly, their eyes went white and their posture slackened. They stared through the two instead of looking at them, almost as if they were brainwashed.

"Keep walking straight ahead, turn left and then there should be a sign that directs you to the places around here. After that, high five each other as hard as you can. I'm sorry to have to do this to you. Run."

The three of them took off, sprinting down the road and away from the chaos. Monoma smiled, sighing as he leaned back against the wall.

"How heroic of you to protect them from the chaos like that, Shinsou."

Shinsou shook his head and tilted his head towards the sky.

"I'm not protecting them from chaos."

He lifted his hand to point towards a figure standing on a roof a few houses away. Monoma's eyes lazily trailed towards the direction he was pointing at, not quite sure what to expect.

"I'm protecting them from him."

...

The fact that you were inside the house was the only thing keeping Midoriya Izuku from destroying the entire building.

His face was dark as he stared at the house in shambles. His entire being was dripping with animosity as he scanned the area around him. He clenched his fist angrily, but bit his lip and did nothing.

This was your fight, and he knew better than to meddle in it.

Deep breaths, Izuku. (Name) would want you to stay out of it for her. Midoriya shook his head and tried to dispel the nasty thoughts gathering in his mind. But he wanted so badly to just tear it down and punch Hibiscii in his throat.

He came across Hibiscii once, when he was still in middle school. He was walking with a skip in his step and being eyed by the people around him. His (hair colour) hair would bob with the little garland around his neck moving along. Nothing was out of place, he was just another top hero with a tragic story to tell the tale. He'd lost his wife and his baby daughter, and all he had left was his darling girl, a daughter roughly the same age as Midoriya himself.

But now knowing who he really was, Midoriya felt digusted. He wanted to see his face and compare it to his memory of him. An angel, the press called him. The person who brought back nearly over 10 species of flora from nearly extinct to uncommon.

He grinded his teeth and continued to watch on. How foolish he was back then.

...

You sped past the couch and flung it at your father, watching it slam into him and send him crashing against the wall. Vines shot up from behind you, but slow enough for you to grab ahold of them and turn it against him. The couch was torn into shreds and fed to the large, carnivorous flowers beside him.

He stood up, his hands on his knees and dust settling onto his shoulders and he breathed heavily. You weren't any better, either. Your left forearm felt numb and you were almost sure that the thing you felt trickling down your temple was blood. He turned his head and spat out what seemed to be a molar.

He lifted his head and arched his back, looking up to face the ceiling that was crumbling and crooked. His mouth opened, and he began to laugh.

"Thank you!" He swung his head to face you.

"This is what I've trained my daughter for! I'd expect nothing less than this! I'VE WAITED SO LONG!" He continued to laugh and slap his thighs. Blood trailed down the side of his mouth as his laughs got harder and louder. You had enough.

You tore the front wall open and shoved your father out, watching him bounce on a bed of large, bright flowers and land on his two feet. You yourself remained, watching the small swarm of people gathering at the front of your house. Your father stood up and casually entered the house as if nothing happened through the front door, and you heard his footsteps slam through the stairs again. His laughs never ceased, and they haunted your mind, making you shake in fear.

Vines snakes around your feet, trying to pull you away from him, begging for you to stay alive. Weak creepers attempted to push him down the stairs, only to be torn apart by his heavy steps.

"You were the perfect child, (Name). You are. You're the perfect vessel with the perfect upbringing- and it was all on the first try!" He reached the top of the stairs and loomed over you.

You clenched your fists and backed slowly. You didn't know what had gotten into him so suddenly- he went from a raging alcoholic to a man who had lost his mind.

"Come, let's have a fight to the death, we'll see who's worthy enough to be the top hero!" He threw his head back and roared with laughter.

You lowered your head in response. Hero. The title that neither of you deserved.

You lifted your hand to point at him, and smiled gently.

"I'm the worst daughter ever."