20) a rising feeling.

Your eyes fluttered open as you were met with a blinding white ceiling. You turned your head slowly to look at your surroundings, breathing in the antiseptic smell lingering in the air.

"Good morning, (Name)," a voice sounded throughout the room. Your eyes darted to your left, where the door was.

Kurogiri cleared his throat. "The other side."

You turned to your right to see a black mist on the wall, and Midoriya appeared from it. Surprisingly, he wasn't in his usual suit and tie, but instead wearing a cute fishbone pattern t-shirt and beige shorts, and it looked like he just came back from a typical day of shopping.

"A-ah! (Name)!" He jumped out, tripping and falling to the ground. You instinctively reached out to grab him, but the IV in your hand shifted and you winced. The boy shot up, smiling sheepishly with his face red from both the fall and embarassment. The mist retracted, leaving you two behind, alone in the room.

You felt no trace of Midoriya at all, even though you were definitely sure that it was him. Was he always so clumsy and... ordinary like this?

"I know I don't look like myself right now, I was at my Mother's grave before I went to drop by and I came across people I used to know- so I had to act like I was the same useless kid they knew. The Deku that they had played with," he looked at the floor, avoiding your eyes. You smiled warmly at him, just glad that he came to see you. There was a moment of silence as Midoriya semed to be fidgety- the whole story about acting as Deku may not have false, but it definitely didn't add up to why he was so antsy.

"Midoriya..." You started.

"I...!" He cut you off. You widened your eyes.

"I REALLY LIKE YOU!" He blurted out, and threw the bouquet of flowers into your hands. He let out a huge breath of air, before sucking it back up.

"Well you see! The day when I first saw you in the alleyway! I thought I would get to see you a-again!! So I went around town to find you but I never did! And then Tamaki mentioned a name that sounded like the name you told me! I was so glad to have met you! I tried to act cool whenever we were around! I was so happy that you didn't push me away! And! A-And...!" He looked like he was on the brink of tears as he scrambled to hide his face behind his hands.

"When you stabbed yourself I got so... so scared... that I wouldn't be able to tell you this... I thought it would be my last time being able to talk with you like this..."

"So I'm gonna say it not! I was hoping that maybe..! But it's okay if you don't! I was hoping that we could go! On a!! A... A....!" He kept stuttering and rubbing his cheeks, and you could see his whole body shaking and quivering.

"A date?" You finished for him. Midoriya nodded vigorously and his breathing patterns became irregular, while his arms felt weak. He tried to wipe his palms against his t-shirt, but he was afraid that it would come off as unhygenic- what about his pants? No, it would look weird, then-

"I'd love to. I'm glad I like you too," you smiled in response.

WHAT THE FUUCKKKKK!?

"I!!! OH!!" Midoriya looked up in shock. His eyes were wet from almost crying, and he tried to swallow the lump in his throat.

Despite your calm smile, behind it was a reaction almost as equal as Izuku's. Your shaking hands were hidden behind the bouquet on your lap and you were biting hard on your lips to keep yourself from saying anything stupid. You tried to keep your cool, but Midoriya's shaking was making you want to quiver as well. His hands were balled up into a fist beside him, and his head was down, as if...