Chapter 3 : The Pyramid Under The Sands

Previously ∞

"Okay! The fuel tank is filled up and damaged part have been fixed. Let's go!" Alex said. "It's easier to depart on flat land." Alex point out while Ali is hanging on one of the airships wing. And (Y/n) Following right next to it.

∞﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏∞

Third Person POV

"Here, this is where I saw something suspicious the other day." Alex point out while looking at the desert underneath while (Y/n) is trailing behind them without them knowing. Seeing there is only sand there Samara ask. "Here?!! But, the great Pharaoh are usually not buried in this area. This area is for lower-class aristocrats. See? Their pyramids are all small and rundown. Are you sure that the great Pharaoh hid his golden chariot here?" "Yup! It makes sense to hide your most important treasure in an inconspicuous place. Keeping your treasure in a huge gorgeous pyramid is like telling robbers 'Big treasure here! Come and get it!'" Alex explain. "Those little pyramids you mentioned are actually signposts. See, each of them has a different coloured capstone. Also, there are small dark rocks surrounding the small pyramids. They're quite easy to spot from up here." Alex said as they fly a little bit higher.

"Oh! They-!!" Samara gasp. "They're arranged in circles!" Samara said. (Y/n) also notices it. 'Human is really clever sometimes. Even when they don't have any gadgets they still manage to make a perfect circle out of rocks without knowing.' She thought. "People back then didn't have aircraft. That's why no one notices. Those circles form a puzzle. If we solve it, well know where the treasure is. And to solve it, we must look at the central angles of the circles. A full circle is 360°. Half of a circle is 180°. A quarter of a circle is 90°. Now let's label these circles as A, B, C, D!" Alex solve the problem while (Y/n) is watching and Samara gaping in awe. "Okay, let's land here and look for it!" Alex said as they land. (Y/n) land a few metres away from them for safety reason. "Hey! Guys! We're here!" "(Y/n)! How did you get here so fast?!" Alex ask. "I already told you, a girl always have her way~" (Y/n) simply replied. 'Must be her magic thing.' Alex thought.

"Why did Ramesses II use such a troublesome method to hide his treasure?" Samara suddenly ask. "He's a military man! This is just one of his strategies." Alex replied. "Yeah, the chariot was his favorite thing. Of course he wants to keep it safe!" (Y/n) add. "Here! I made this metal detector myself!"Alex give Samara and (Y/n) a metal detector each. "When it detects iron, bronze or other metals underground, it will make a noise." "Urm, are you sure it can detect things under the ground?" Samara ask another question while (Y/n) is checking the metal detector. 'Such a clever boy... He could be a son of Hephaestus for all I know... Wish I was this clever when I first started my journey. Life would've been a lot easier then. So cool.' She thought. "-n)! (Y/n)!" Alex call her name. "Y-yes!" (Y/n) said surprised. "Are you okay?" Alex ask with concern shown all over his face. "I'm okay, just in a deep thought." She answered.

"Okay. If you say so. Let's split up ad look. I'll go over there." He said and the three of them split and go there own way. Except for Lulu, she's following (Y/n). "Will this really work? I wonder if mama and papa have noticed I'm missing... I bet I'll get yelled at later." Samara thought while hovering her metal detector on the sands and suddenly the metal detector made a sound.

Ping!

(Y/n) who have superhearing goes immediately to where is the sound coming from. "Alex! (Y/n)! This machine just made a 'ping' sound!" Once Alex, (Y/n) and Lulu is there she said with an overly excited voice. "I-is it... The treasure?!" Samara ask. "Dunno! It could be! Let's start digging!" Alex replies. The trio started to dig the old fashion way. Lulu helped a little too. ( (Y/n) doesn't want to use her magic to experience human life.)

Clank!

They hear the shovel hit something hard like a rock. "Wha- I hit something!" (Y/n) exclaimed and started to get more excited than before. After awhile full of 'digging' ((Y/n) gives up and us her magic to fastened the process.) They found the capstone of the pyramid, although it look a little off. "Uh, what is this?" Samara ask. "You can't tell? It's the capstone of a pyramid." Alex explain. "Yes, they dug a huge hole first and built the pyramid inside... After the construction was done, the pyramid was buried in the sand. Even if it's not the golden chariot you're looking for, I'm sure it contains some other treasure." (Y/n) explains more. "Don't tell me we have to dig all the way to get to the entrance?" Samara ask. "Maybe we won't need to. Don't you think it looks a little odd?" Alex said while pointing at the top of the pyramid, "The block on top the pyramid is in a wrong position." Alex sit down and try to turn the capstone. "I-I'll try turning it... Oof! It might... Ugh!  Reveal an entrance!" He uses most of his energy to turn the block. "Aha! There we go!" He exclaimed.

The ground started to shake and (Y/n) immediately go to her friends and hug them close to her so they don't fall and hurt themselves. "Hang on tight." She says. After a few second the ground stopped shaking and they are standing on a platform with a pillar in the center with ancient Egypt etched on it. (Y/n) inspected it closer making sure there is no trap around the pillar. "It's ancient Egyptian." (Y/n) told them. "Using your wisdom, unlock the riddle of the 16 dots." Alex read the text. "You can read it?! I lived here all my life and I can't read that!" Samara gasp. "Didn't I tell you I have degree in archeology? For an adventurer, this is easy." Alex replied. "Yeah, if an adventurer doesn't know ancient language they can never solve the puzzle and get the treasure. The riddle asks how many squares can be formed is the 16 dots on the wall. Then,we have to take the same number of these stone balls as the answer. And put them in this tray and push it in. If the answer is correct, the door will open." (Y/n) explain again. "Oooh!" "Right! Time to count!" Alex got out a notebook from his pouch. 'All right! We might find the treasure after all!' Samara thought while (Y/n) is staring to the horizon. 'Something is coming...' She thought.

A few metre from where they are is Ali who is listening to their conversation. 'Hmm, I wonder how I can take the treasure from them...' He thought. And suddenly, he hear something from under the ground.

"Be on guard!" (Y/n) shouts alerting her friends. "Something is coming." "W-whats happening?!" Samara ask clearly afraid. "Something's moving in the sand and it's coming this direction." (Y/n) said. "The instruction said the guardians will appear when the tower rises, are these them?" Alex ask. When they are 5 metres away, they finally see what is really is. "G-giant scorpions!" (Y/n) shriek.

∞﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏∞

Press the ☆ to make the update faster...