Chapter 7

I am really glad that this story is so liked. I mean, my reads are going through the roof comaperd to those slow days, but alas...Thanks for reading and enjoy ^.^

-----------------------------------------------

At first it was dark. I could hear faint mumbles, but I couldn't see anything. I felt that my eyelids were opened, but the image couldn't make it to my brain.

"She's coming around!" I recognized the voice as Naruto's, and felt a large hand grab my arm.

Someone else approached me. "How are you feeling, Naoto-san?" the voice belonged to Sakura.

Slowly, the image started to form on my retina, and I started to see. Blurry at first, soon the image was clear, vibrant colors struck the photoreceptive cells.

"I'm fine" I managed to say, being somewhat distracted.

Naruto started to fidget around me. "I managed to finish Pein off" he boasted. "Turns out he was Ero-sennin's apprentice and he wrote his first novel after him"

I patted his head faintly. "That's nice, Naruto" I looked around, noticing that the tent I was in was filled with other injured civilians and shinobi. "How long have I been out?"

"Two days" Sakura replied, keeping Naruto in a headlock for nagging me while I was bedridden. "You shouldn't have survived that hit, and yet you recovered in two days" she rose a suspicious brow. "Is there something you're not telling?"

I tried keeping a straight face. "No, what makes you say that?" I stuttered.

"What the hell, Naoto?!" Kuronuma growled. "That hit in the head must have really had a toll because now you're just being stupid! Conceal your emotions! Cover your lies!"

"Shut it, lizard!" I countered. "The world will find out eventually and you know it! I assume that the siege on Konoha puts us on the brink of war, and in the heat of the battle you will do something to keep us both alive that isn't normal and people will start asking questions" I shouted at him.

In the depth of my mind, where I stood in front of him, he started wiggling his ten tails.

"Why are you this aggressive, Naoto?" he retorted, showing me his fangs.

I gave the lizard the look of death. "My head hurts, my legs are throbbing, I might be on my period and you keep bugging me about keeping you a secret, all of which you already know, since you live inside me and know me better than anyone else!" my fury started to dissipate. "I'm sorry, you know I'm trying. You just have to live with the fact that eventually the secret will be out. But as long as it doesn't reach the enemy's ears, you shouldn't fuss over it so much" I lectured.

He sighed and slumped back on the floor. "When have you become wiser than me?" he smirked.

I returned the smirk and turned around, snapping back to reality, where Naruto was flailing his arms in front of me, trying to get my attention.

"Are you okay, sis?" he asked, his blue orbs only a measly inch away from my face. "You zoned out, and it's creeping me out" he continued and backed away from my face. "Anyway, it seems like Tsunade-baa-chan will be out for quite a while, and the Sixth Hokage was already announced, and he asked for a Summit in the Land of Iron, so I waited for you to come around and patch up, so that we can leave" he rambled.

I sat up, swinging my feet over the edge of the stretcher. "Hold your horses, Blondie. What do you mean leave? Isn't that called deserting?" I questioned and glanced at Sakura.

"It is, but you wouldn't like the new boss" the pink-headed stated.

I raised a brow. "You're in on his plan?" I asked.