[1/5]

STYLIST

You share pain/injuries with your soulmate

Because pain is mostly random and unexpected, it can be extremely difficult to find your soulmate. There are no glowing marks or red strings of fate, only pain--which is very distracting.

Usually, it is only with outside help that a pair of people realize that they're soulmates.

Sometimes one of them will trip and hurt their ankle, but won't notice that the person across the room is experiencing the same pain despite never falling. The pair usually find out by a stranger or friend that notices the unusual share of injury.

People like to tell stories about alternate universes where, instead of sharing pain, soulmates have matching marks on their skin, or write on their skin so it shows up on their soulmate. But those are too obvious.

Where's the fun in obvious?

You were driving around looking for the building your aunt's home. She hadn't had you over to her place for years so you weren't sure which house was hers.

After a few minutes you were worried you were looking like a stalker, so you picked up your phone to call her.

"Hello?"

"Auntie, I'm on your street but I forgot which house was yours."

"Oh, sorry about that. It's the blue house, sweetie."

You looked around and dropped your head in disappointment once you realized you had stopped right in front of her house.

"Found it. I'll be there in a minute."

You sighed and dropped your phone in your purse, turning off the engine and getting out of the car.

You walked up to the door and knocked, remembering that she had told you the doorbell was broken.

"Auntie!"

You heard her unlock the door and saw it swing open, "I'm so glad you could come!"

You smiled, giving her a gentle hug before holding her arm to help her to the sofa, "You should take it easy. You don't want to hurt your back even more. You said you wanted to get back to work as soon as possible, yeah?"

Your aunt smiled, trying to hide her excitement, "Y/n, sit down. Sit!"

You smiled nervously, finding a seat across from her, "What is it?"

She clapped her hands together, "So, because I hurt my back, I won't be able to go to work for a while..."

You nodded, "Yeah...but I don't think that's something to be happy about Auntie..."

She shushed you, "Do you remember who I work for?"

You nodded, "Um...Some entertainment company right? Big Hit?"

She nodded, "More specifically, I work for a boy group called BTS--"

"Oh right! They're in the middle of a comeback, huh?"

Your aunt nodded, "And since I had to leave on short notice, and because they're so busy with the comeback, they don't have time to interview and hire a temporary replacement."