[2/5]

WHOOPS

You sighed, shaking your arms to release your nerves. First day at work. You've got this.

You took a few deep breaths before stepping into the hectic room, stylists and makeup artists were scurrying around the room, in what oddly looked like an organized chaos.

You smiled politely at your new coworkers, quickening your pace to your desk, "Hoseok? Oh! Excuse me, Mr. Jung? Um—sorry—"

The boy laughed, smiling at you, "Your Miss A/N's niece, I presume?"

You nodded, bowing your head a bit in greeting, "Yes, I hope I'll be able to live up to your expectations, Hoseok!"

He laughed, "We better get going, we only have twenty minutes, Y/N."

Your head snapped up, "Right! Sit down, I'll be right back!"

You rushed around the room, trying to find his rack of clothes. When you spotted it, you cheered, swiftly swiping them off the rack and heading back to Hoseok's chair.

"Go change into these while I steam the jacket."

He nodded and carefully took the clothes from your hand, apologizing when the hangers pinched your finger in the process.

"Ouch."

You rubbed your finger a bit, disregarding the small gasp of pain a few chairs away.

Your eyebrows furrowed as you concentrated on the steamer, making sure not to miss a spot on the jacket. It needed to be perfect—no mistakes.

You turned the small machine off and allowed the clothing to breath for a moment until Hoseok came back, instead focusing your attention to the shoes and accessories. You soon found out from another stylist that he had no accessories because, well, his ears weren't pierced.

When Hoseok returned you told him to turn around so you could help him with the jacket. You were very nervous about ruining even one stitch on the fabric, but Hoseok laughed your uneasiness off and assured you it'd be okay.

"I'm just going to dance in this, so it doesn't have to be perfect Y/N. No one's going to get mad at you over a few creases."

His smile seemed to calm you down, so you grinned and finished up before shooting him on stage with the others, who had just gotten their mics set up.

You wiped your forehead, unaware that you had started sweating. To be fair, it was more the fact that the room was hot than the fact that you were nervous.

The other stylists walked over to you and smiled, introducing themselves, "Hey! You must be A/N's niece!"

You nodded, greeting them, "Yeah...I'm sorry if I get in your way at all—"

"You're doing great, I'm sure you'll be fine."

"If you need anything just ask one of us! We'll try to help you as much as we can!"

You laughed as they began to tell you stories from the job, which, despite lasting only a few minutes each, were very successful in calming your nerves.

You winced as you felt pain come to your ankle. You bent down in pain as the stylists became frantic.

"Are you alright?!"

"What happened?! Did you step on something?"

You clenched your jaw, "I'm fine, I—I don't think I tripped on anything."

One of the ladies put a hand to her chin as a couple of them helped you to your feet and onto a nearby chair, "It was probably your soulmate. Oh, you poor things."

They all nodded in sympathy, "My husband is such a clumsy man! Every day he manages to hurt himself!"

You smiled gratefully at their attempts to distract you, "Yeah, usually I'm okay, but sometimes I think my soulmate's beating himself up. Like I'll get sprains in my wrist or my ankles will hurt. If I ever meet them I need to talk to them about taking care of themselves."

You needed your small rant with a laugh, prompting the others to join you, beginning to gossip and brag about their soulmates and how good or clumsy they are.

Once the boys made their way backstage, you all sprung back to your places, handing them a new set of clothes to change into and allowing the makeup artists to do their thing.

Hoseok noticed your limping, "Y/N, are you alright?"

You nodded stiffy, "Nothing I can't handle. My soulmate just decided to go and hurt himself I guess."

Hoseok smiled, but gently shoved you into his seat, grabbing the neatly folded clothes from the table, "I know it probably hurts a bit so why don't you rest while I change?"

You went to stand but he put a hand on your shoulder, "I insist."

You sighed, "If I get in trouble, it's your fault."

He laughed, "Got it."

You glanced a few mirrors down to see Jungkook's stylist reprimanding him as another man massaged his ankle. You winced when you felt a shot of pain go through your ankle, but tried to remain discreet. You didn't want to act like a baby on your first day, complaining and getting hurt.

You stood when Hoseok came back, making sure the keep the wait off if your hurt ankle, "You keep wrinkling the shirt. Are you trying to make me mad?"

He laughed, "No ma'am."

You giggled, smoothing out his sleeves and handing him a few thin bracelets to put on, "Now go have Joo-noona fix your makeup before we have to go."

He nodded, waving down said makeup artist and sitting down in front of the mirror.

You left to go get the previous clothes hung up and put away. You smiled when you made eye contact with one of the boys, reminding yourself to introduce yourself later.

After you hung the clothes up, you went to make sure Hoseok's outfit was squared away when you crashed into someone, causing you to fall.

You yelped simultaneously with someone across the room, your ankle throbbing in pain.

The person asked if you were okay, others staring in surprise. You looked up, wondering why everyone was looking at you like that.

You were particularly focused on the other person who looked to be in pain. Jungkook?

You noticed Hoseok looking back and forth between you and Jungkook, whispering to they boys' manager.

Taehyung, who was standing in the middle of the both of you, walked over to Jungkook and pinched him, watching your reaction the entire time. He watched as you went to grab your arm, in the exact place he had just pinched his friend. Jungkook, realizing what Taehyung was doing, looked at you with wide eyes.

Soon enough, everyone had realized what was happening, and you were in shock. This can't be right...right? You wanted to test the theory again but when you tried standing you didn't need to, as both you and Jungkook winced at the pain in your ankles.

You pointed at Jungkook, "Uh...We should...probably talk about this with Bang PD-nim."

"Yeah. Probably."

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: whoop ok then this didn't go how I wanted but it works i guess

a sprinkle of jungkook in this one but i swear the next one'll have more of an interaction between them lol