[5/5]

FINE

It had been quite the stressful stay in America, outfit changes and performances at every turn, everyone barely had a moments rest. You had a fun time hanging out and talking with the boys on your first night, but other than that occasion, only you and Hoseok had time to speak. And even then, it was only for work and the simple small talk.

You sighed as you plopped down onto your bed, your luggage already packed and ready to go, save for your toothbrush, a hairbrush, and a change of clothes for tomorrow. You let your thoughts take over, your phone playing music softly beside you.

Jungkook and I haven't spoken much since we found out we were soulmates, you thought, eyebrows furrowing. Does he not like me? Maybe he's the type that needs the other to confront them first. But I'm that person. You bit your lip, gnawing on the peeling skin for a moment before you stopped. The familiar stinging sensation caused you to wince, getting up from your place on the bed to grab some lip balm.

As you dabbed your finger in the small container of the vasoline-like substance, your thoughts went back to Jungkook. You knew a little bit about him, that your colleagues had so forcefully generously given you, but other than the general knowledge you gathered from online, you basically only knew as much as the average fan.

What if we don't work out? What will I do then? What if our personalities clash too much?

A knock sounded from your door, causing you to drop the phone that you had hovering over your face square on your nose. You yelped and rubbed your now bruised nose as you made your way to the door, checking the peephole to see who it was.

You opened the door with a smile, "Jungkook, what a surprise. I didn't expect you."

He looked around nervously, "Oh, sorry, are you busy? I wouldn't want to intrude..."

You shook your head, opening the door wider, "Nope, I just finished packing. What did you need? You want to come in?"

You noticed the tips of his ears had turned pink, "Uh, I was thinking...and we've known we were soulmates for a little while now, but we've never been on a," he gulped nervously, "A date."

You felt your cheeks flare, "You're asking me on a date?"

He nodded, "If you're not too busy, that is."

You shook your head, "Of course not! Where do you want to go?"

-

"I can't believe you beat my high score on Mrs. Pac-Man! I rock at that game!"

Jungkook laughed, crossing his arms as he sent you a confident smile, "Maybe I'm just that good. Bow down to the arcade champion!"

You chuckled, bowing sarcastically at him, "Okay then, O' great one, how about a little one-on-one? Any game you want!"

Jungkook put a hand on his chin, making overdramatic faces as he thought it over, "Rampage, whoever dies first loses."

He held his hand out, your own shaking it as you chuckled, "You've got yourself a deal. Get ready to eat your words, Jeon."

You both practically raced to the machine, each sliding in the required number of coins as they prepared themselves for the levels ahead.

"I played this when I was in middle school," he started, "Highest I got was level 197."

You laughed, "Try 229."

He huffed, the two of you turning your attention to the large screen a couple feet away. The small digital pictures of the cityscape lit up your faces, the title of the game flashing across the screen before the game commenced.