[3/5]

RESPONSIBILITY

You sighed, pacing back and forth. These people would have absolutely no problem firing you.

You're new, inexperienced, and you're young—easy to be wrapped in a scandal. You felt as if your only leverage was the fact that your aunt asked for you specifically to replace her in her temporary absence, but maybe that wasn't even enough.

Oh god you'd go home not even done with your first week on the job and have to break it to your aunt that you were fired—

"Miss?"

You looked up, the CEO was calling you into his office. Oh god.

You sat down in front of his desk and smiled nervously, "Yes sir? You wanted to talk to me?"

He smiled, "Yes I would like to speak with you about—how should I put this—your soulmate?"

You frowned, "Sir, I beg of you please don't fire me. If you have to, at least let my aunt keep her job. I'd hate to tell her I lost two jobs in one day! I see no reason for me to stay so I understand if I have to g—"

"Miss L/N," he chuckled, "You're not fired. In fact, I heard you did very well today. I'm impressed at your work ethic and maturity."

He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the desk, "I simply need to go over a few things with you about how to handle this situation."

You straightened your posture and nodded stiffly.

"Jungkook, please come join us!"

You jumped a little at the raising of his voice but turned around to see the boy from earlier peeking his head in through the door, "Hello."

Bang PD-nim motioned for him to sit in the chair beside you, "What happened here today will remain between you two and the staff. I don't want to make you feel like you can't have a relationship, but at the same time you have to understand that one of you is an idol with many fans that would do almost anything to be in your shoes, Miss L/N."

Jungkook spoke, "Will she still be working here? Is she still Hoseok's stylist?"

He nodded, "I see no reason for her to leave. I respect her aunt and she wanted Miss Y/N to take her place so I will honor her choice."

You glanced at Jungkook before returning your focus to the CEO, "Um, I don't mean to bring up the awkward topic, but are Jungkook and I—uh—are we allowed to be...um—"

"Affectionate?"

You nodded, "Yes."

The man nodded his head and put a hand under his chin in thought, "It would be cruel to deny you that right, but I'd have to ask you keep it to a minimum when in public. We still need to find the time and place to announce this and seeing as we're in the middle of a comeback we want to focus on bringing in positive energy. We don't want this getting out without a plan, chaos isn't an option."

Jungkook hummed in agreement, "I don't want you to get hate for something neither of us could control. I think it'd be better if we focused on getting to know each other better?"

His cheeks were dusted pink as he finished, it sounded more like a question than a statement. You smiled, "Agreed. Do I need to sign an agreement or something about how I won't release the news early or something?"

Shi-hyuk laughed, "No, I trust that you won't. But, I am part of a business, so I must ask that you not reveal any information unless we permit you to do so, this was already listed in your temporary contract."