Hugs.

The log-pose set sometime during the day. It didn't make a difference to me.

I holed up in my room, passing the time with Tai Chi and sketching. I doodled all kinds of tiny comics featuring Bepo and other stupid little chibi creatures I created over the years.

 I doodled all kinds of tiny comics featuring Bepo and other stupid little chibi creatures I created over the years

Moon Tail and Shark Thing had been constant companions of mine for a very long time. I had been doodling them for so long, I couldn't remember why or when they came about. Shark Thing was always hungry, eating random things or letters or whatever else was funny to me, or else he was sleeping. Moon Tail was a little more reserved, usually just stalking around or just looking pretty.

No one came to visit, but that didn't surprise me. I've been told that my aura is very expressive; a physical force that even the most oblivious person could feel. I completely forgot about eating until midnight the next night.

I groaned when I saw the clock. There was no way Law didn't know I had skipped meals again, and I expected some sort of consequences. With a sigh, I forced myself out of the chair and into the hall. It was too early for coffee, but I was certain I could get something to eat without getting caught.

I was wrong.

Law sat at our usual table, feet up and arms behind his head. He didn't sound angry, but the neutral tone was never reassuring. "How nice of you to join me."

I sighed. Usually we left the lights off, but tonight that didn't feel right. I flicked the switch, causing Law to blink and scowl as he was suddenly flooded by bright white.

If we were on better terms, I might have said something clever. As it was, I stood by the transition from dining room to kitchen and muttered and apology.

"What finally chased you from your cave?"

"Hunger." I admitted sheepishly.

"Oh?" He raised his eyebrows as he rocked on the back legs of the chair. He dangled set of keys out on one finger. "That could be a problem for you."

I rolled my eyes. "Let me guess: Shachi and Penguin had one too many midnight snacks."

Law shrugged and set the chair and his feet on the ground. "They have their moments. Same as you. Are you done sulking?"

"Will you give me they keys if I say yes?"

The keys clattered to the table, landing just about where my coffee cup had sat the previous two mornings. "Take them."

I narrowed my eyes. What was the game now? If I did go for the keys, I would be fully in Law's reach. Not that I wasn't technically within reach now, if I wanted to consider the infamous Room of the Ope-ope fruit.

He put his hands up in mock surrender. It didn't really make me feel any better.

"What do you want?"