Josh Dun

Beyond the streets of Slowtown is a small drum repair shop on the west side of town.

A young green haired boy with ear gauges and a nose piercing named Joshua Dun worked there as an employee.

Most people called him Josh for short, even his girlfriend Debby Ryan.

Around midnight, Debby picked him up from work and they both headed home.

"So, how was work?" Debby asked while driving.

"Good." Josh said. "My boss wants me to come again tomorrow because my co-worker got sick. He's the one who works on the weekends."

"That sucks." Debby said. "I really wanted to go out tomorrow. But we can always wait till next week right?"

Josh smiled.

"Yeah. I mean, I love my job and I love to play the drums."

"You are good at it." Debby said. "And you always will be."

Josh and Debby reached over and kissed.

The rain continued to fall. Tyler walked through the streets alone all drenched from the droplets that fell from the sky. He felt tears beginning to fall. But he held them back.

Stay alive, stay alive for me. He thought to himself.

In the distance, he saw a small bench by a street light. He went over and sat down. That's when he finally allowed the tears to stream down his cheeks.

Tyler was alone in slowtown without anyone. Nobody was coming for him. Because nobody knew where he was.

Debby and Josh still continued their way home. But while Debby drove, she saw Tyler sitting on the bench alone. Though she didn't know who he was.

Debby pulled over to the side of the street.

"Josh." She said.

But there was no reply.

"Josh!"

"Huh? What?" Josh said as he looked at his girlfriend.

"That boy, he looks lost." She said while inspecting him.

Josh looked at him as well.

"He looks fine to me." Josh said.

Debby smacked him across the face.

"We don't speak of people like that!" She scolded. "The boy doesn't look well."

Debby rolled down the window.

"Hey boy!" She called. "Do you need some help?"

Tyler ignored and covered his eyes.

Debby turned back to his boyfriend.

"You talk to him." She said.

"Why me?" Josh asked.

"You're better at it than I am."

Debby pushed him.

"Now go!"

Josh obeyed and got out of the car. He went over and stood over Tyler as he silently cried.

"Boy." He said. "Please remove your hands from over your eyes for me."

Tyler was surprised at what he heard. When he removed his hands from his eyes, he saw the most beautiful guy he had ever seen. The green hair, the ear gauges, the nose piercing, and the voice. He was stunned.

"Hello boy." Josh said. "What are you doing out here?"

"I'm lost." Tyler said. "I've been out here since my escort-man dropped me off and left me."

"Oh dear." Josh said. "I'm real sorry about that. Where are you from?"

Tyler wiped a tear from his eye.

"Hometown." He said.

"Um, can you be more specific?" Josh asked.

"Columbus." Tyler said.

Josh was stunned.

"You are 50 miles away from there." He said. "Welcome to Canton Ohio."

Tyler smiled.

"Thank you."

"You seem wet and bit cold, are you?" Josh asked.

Tyler nodded.

"Well, come with us. We have plenty of room in our car. You can be our guest."

Josh held out his hand. Tyler was so happy that he was found by someone.

He immediately took Josh's hand and followed him to the car. He rode along with them to their home.