Goodbye Josh

March 30th 2015,
Where we're from
There's no sun
Our hometown's in the dark
Where we're from
We're no one
Our hometown's in the dark
A shadow tilts its head at me
Spirits in the dark are waiting
I won't let them win, go quietly
Where we're from, there's no sun
Our hometown's in the dark
Where we're from, we're no one
Our hometown's in the dark

Tyler marked the page completed and headed out into the kitchen.

Josh woke up a few minutes afterwards. Once he walked into the hallway, he stopped and went into Tyler's room. He saw his pajamas laying on the bed. Then he looked over and saw that his journal was open. He looked at the pages that had been written through the last 2 days Tyler has been with him. He smiled when he read them.

Soon after, he sat down at the table with Tyler, and his girlfriend Debby.

"I am taking extra classes today." She said. "Are you off from work?"

"Yeah." Josh said. "Then I go back on Tuesday."

Josh looked over at Tyler and smiled at him. But it was cut short when they heard a knock at the door. Debby got up.

"I'll get it." She said. Josh continued to look upon Tyler as he ate.

"Are you, feeling better?" He asked.

"A bit." Tyler said. Josh smiled because he was glad.

Debby went to go answer the door. When she opened it. She saw a young middle aged blonde girl dressed in a black shirt and black jacket. Her hair was put up with a big bang coming down the side.
It was Tyler's fiancée Jenna.

Debby didn't recognize her.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm looking for my fiancé Tyler Joseph." Jenna said. "He's the ukulele boy."

Tyler stood up and recognized the voice. It was Jenna. He was in shock.

"Oh no." Tyler said faintly.

Josh stood next to him and saw the girl standing at the door.

"Oh." He said in shock as well.

"She's here."

Tyler pulled Josh into the living room.

"How do I look?" Tyler asked.

"Tyler you-"

"No please tell me. How do I look?"

Josh had to admit it.

"You look great."

Tyler smiled at his friend.

Meanwhile, Debby is talking to Jenna.

"Yes he is here." Debby said. "We found him on the side of the road. He claimed he was left behind by some guy. So we took him in."

Jenna smiled.

"Thank you so much for taking care of him." She said. "It really means a lot to me."

Before she could ask to see him, Jenna looked and saw her love for the first time in 2 days.

She slowly walked past Debby to get closer to him. Tyler slowly walked towards Jenna. The girl couldn't believe her eyes. That same boy she met, whom she called the ukulele boy, is right in front of her.

She burst into tears and hugged Tyler into her arms. Uncontrollable sobs blew through his ears. Josh and Debby stood next to each other and watched the reunion. Josh was happy for Tyler. But, a bit sad as well.

Jenna let go but continued to hold onto him.

"I finally found you my ukulele boy." She said.

Jenna kissed Tyler real quickly but softly.

"I missed you so much Tyler."

"So did I." Tyler said. "Every night, you were all I could ever think about."

"I'm just so happy that we're together again. And now we can get married like we promised."

Tyler was happy for his fiancée. But, he felt like he needed to do more for the relationship before they could marry.

"Jenna, I've been thinking about this a lot." He said. "I think, before we marry, we need to go on a date together."

Jenna didn't understand why Tyler would want to date her before marrying her. But she agreed.

"Okay." She said. "We shall date."

Tyler placed Jenna's hands into his hands.

"I promise you my dear girl." He said. "It will be a good date."

Josh and Debby looked upon each other after their conversation ended.

After packing up his wedding tux and ukulele, Tyler decided to say his goodbyes to Josh and Debby before leaving.

"Remember, we live in Columbus." Tyler told them. "50 miles north of here. Visit us anytime after next week if you have time."

"Great." Debby said. "And you're more than welcome to come see us if you wanna go to dinner or something."

"That would be great."

"You were a great guest. I hope you enjoyed your stay."

"I did." Tyler said. The guest room was real comfortable. Your clothes were fit-able too.

"I'm glad to hear."

Tyler and Debby shared a small hug. Then he looked upon Josh.

"You, won't forget me. Will you?"

"Of course not." Josh said. "I've never had anyone so wonderful to me in my life."

"Me neither." Tyler said. "You were so kind and friendly. I won't forget that."

Josh and Tyler smiled upon each other. Then Tyler fell into Josh's arms.

"Don't go." Josh whispered into his ear. He kissed Tyler softly on the cheek.

"I won't ever leave you." Tyler said.

Jenna walked up next to her fiancé.

"Thank you again guys for taking care of my love." She said.

Together, they got into Jenna's car and drove off onto the road. Debby and Josh watched.

"I'm gonna miss that boy." Debby said.

"Yeah." Josh added. "I'm gonna miss him too."

After Debby left for her summer classes, Josh walked into the guest room and saw the journal Tyler had left behind. He went through the pages and saw everything that he had wrote. He even saw an extra page Tyler wrote.

Thank you for being there for me while I remained in this slowtown. I won't ever forget you. Goodbye Josh -Tyler Robert Joseph

Josh had some of his tears fall onto the pages as he read them.

Don't go.

It was what he said to him when they fought the night before he left. He won't ever forget Tyler.

The ukulele boy.