I Hope I'm Not My Only Friend

March 29th 2015,
A shadow tilts its head at me
Spirits in the dark are waiting
I won't let them win, go quietly
Put away, put away
All the gods your father served today
Put away, put away
Your traditions, believe me when I say
We don't know, we don't know
How to put back the power in our soul
We don't know, we don't know
Where to find what once was in our bones

As Tyler marked the page, Josh walked into his room. Tyler immediately looked up and saw him.

"Hey." He said.

"Listen, I have to go to work today." Josh said. "And I was wondering if you wanted to stay here or-"

"He's coming with you!" Debby said as she came in next to her boyfriend. "He's our guest. You are gonna hang with him."

After she left, Josh looked back at Tyler. He was confused.

"You don't mind do you?"

"No, not at all." Tyler said.

Josh nodded and left the room. Tyler decided to go through his clothes. While looking, he found a black sweat shirt.

That looks good. He said to himself.

After he got dressed, he went out into the living room to find Josh adjusting his hair. It wasn't green like yesterday, it was blue. He sat right next to him.

"I thought your hair was green." Tyler said.

Josh looked at him.

"I dye it easily if I wish. Sometimes my hair can be red, pink, green, blue, or yellow."

Tyler smiled.

"Neat."

Debby came into the living room.

"Okay guys, I'm off to summer classes."

"When will you be back?" Josh asked.

"Around 8:30 maybe. You guys have fun."

After Debby left, Tyler and Josh made their way into the car and went into town themselves.

During the drive, Tyler saw how even more beautiful the countryside looked during the daytime. Josh admired Tyler during the drive.

"You didn't tell me your name."

Tyler looked at him.

"Tyler, Tyler Joseph."

Josh smiled.

"I'm Joshua. But my girlfriend calls me Josh."

"I like that." Tyler said. "You didn't tell me your last name."

"Oh, it's Dun."

"Cool." Tyler said.

Josh felt a bit distracted due to Tyler's smile. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

"What's it like in hometown?" He asked.

"It's beautiful." Tyler said. "It's very peaceful. Everyone knows each other, people are kind. It's great."

"I didn't tell you before but, I was actually born and raised in Columbus a few years ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Josh said. "However, while we lived there, people didn't really like us that much. So my mother said, why don't we move to Canton. We'll be happier there. So we moved here and lived here for a few years. But, something changed."

"What changed?" Tyler asked.

Josh looked off to the road.

"Well, when I turned 18, my parents decided to move back to hometown. But when I asked them why, they told me they didn't want me because they believed I was the reason why they left. So they bought me the house and they left. I was already in a relationship with Debby so I had to persuade her to move in with me. And she did."

Tyler felt sad for Josh.

"I'm really sorry Josh." He said.

"It's okay. I have adapted to a good life here in Canton. I have a good job, a good house, and a good girlfriend. So I'm happy."

Tyler and Josh continued to talk during the last few minutes of road they had left on the way to Josh's work.