What He Sees

Tyler and Josh just left the shop after Josh's shift ended. After realizing that Debby isn't getting home till 8:30, Josh decided to spend the rest of the day with Tyler to get to know him more.

While walking through the Canton gardens park, Josh saw how Tyler admired everything around him. He saw how he loved what he saw. Even if it was the ugliest.

"Tyler? Are you happy here?"

Tyler was still looking around when he heard what Josh asked him.

"Well, I do miss hometown." Tyler said. "It means a lot to me because it's where I live. But, this place reminds me a lot of hometown."

"How does it?" Josh asked.

"I see people everyday in town walking from place to place. Mostly by car but a few. Everyone is happy. No fights, no disagreements, just happy and cheerful people walking through a happy town."

"Canton is peaceful too." Josh said. "People don't usually walk through the streets on weekends but today, I think that's changed."

Tyler smiled at Josh.

"Yes."

He got even happier and grabbed his hand.

"Yes!"

Tyler pulled Josh into the streets.

Meanwhile, Jenna stood by the street she had searched. She had not been able to find Tyler. But she realized that Brendon was still looking. So she called him.

Brendon heard the sound of his phone ringing. He answered it.

Brendon: "Hello?"

Jenna: "Brendon! You haven't spoke to me for hours! Where are you?"

Brendon: "I stopped to get a hot dog."

Jenna: "a hot dog! Seriously! I send you on your own and you can't do what I specifically told you. Find Tyler!"

Brendon: "I couldn't find him. I looked everywhere."

Jenna: "ugh. Liar."

Brendon: "Jenna I'm sorry."

Jenna: "enough. Just meet me back here in 15 minutes alright?"

Brendon: "yes."

After they hung up, Brendon felt relieved that he wasn't caught in a lie. But he decided to meet Jenna back at the street light.

Tyler and Josh walked through the park having a good time and getting to know each other.

"So, you haven't really told me what inspired you to play the ukulele." Josh asked.

"Well, when I was close to 10 years old, my parents wanted me to have some talents." Tyler said. "I was already good with singing. So I asked my mom, can I have a ukulele? And she said sure. So she bought me one, I took some lessons and some self training, and now I can do it. And I'm happy."

Josh smiled.

"I'm glad. I was the same with the drums. I never took any lessons though."

"Why not?" Tyler asked.

"Because my parents didn't allow me to touch the drums. I had to hide them under my bed so they wouldn't see. And when they were out of the house, I would take them out and play with them. So I basically had the same training as you."

Tyler smiled.

"You are one talented guy to know how to play and fix drums."

Josh chuckled.

"Yeah."

They continued to walk together and talk. But Tyler started to wonder what Josh really sees in him. He started thinking through his mind as they walked and hung out together.

I can't take them on my own, my own
Oh, I'm not the one you know, you know
I have killed a man and all I know
Is I am on the run and go

Don't wanna call you in the nighttime
Don't wanna give you all my pieces
Don't wanna hand you all my trouble
Don't wanna give you all my demons
You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight I'll need you to stay

Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do

I am up against the wall, the wall
For I hear them coming down the hall
I have killed a man and all I know
Is I am on the run and go

Don't wanna call you in the nighttime
Don't wanna give you all my pieces
Don't wanna hand you all my trouble
Don't wanna give you all my demons
You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight I'll need you to stay

Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do
Do do do do

Cold nights under siege from accusations
Cerebral thunder in one-way conversations
Oh oh oh oh oh

Don't wanna call you in the nighttime
Don't wanna give you all my pieces
Don't wanna hand you all my trouble
Don't wanna give you all my demons
You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight I'll need you to stay

Tonight I'll need you to stay

Tyler and Josh looked into each other's eyes. Not in a friendly way, but in a love way.

Is this what Josh sees in me? Tyler thought.

But before they couldn't bring it further, Josh turned away.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

Tyler didn't understand why but he was okay with it.

Meanwhile, 15 minutes passed by. Jenna decided to go look for Brendon herself. When she found him, he was sitting on the bench looking intoxicated.

"Brendon!" She shouted as she went over to him. "Where have you been?!"

"I'm sorry I didn't come in time. I still couldn't find him." He said.

"That's fine we have tomorrow!"

She pulled him up.

"Come on. Let's get back to the hotel."

Jenna held onto Brendon as they slowly but surely made it safely to the hotel.