Part 3

I woke up with just around 45 minutes to get out the door. I was still pretty tired from the night before but the fact that Clint needed my help drove away any lingering weariness right out the window. I needed to get to the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier as soon as possible. After washing my face I pulled my dark brown hair into a high ponytail. I threw on a radon outfit of grey leggings and a black tank top that was a U-neck and was one of my personal favorites. I stuffed a black travel bag with an extra set of clothing and most importantly my secret agent attire. It was a black body suit with silver accents that hugged my thin body tightly yet aloud me to move freely with ease. It was custom made with an opening in the upper back to allow for easy movement of my wings that I still kept furled up.

I made a quick cup of coffee with two sugars and then watered my small cactus garden of random little spiky green plants. I may not be coming back for a long time. I rushed out the door and set my car in motion towards the Greyhound air strip. It was a short ride as I had specifically chosen my apartment to be close to the air strip in case of any emergencies like this one. I parked my car in the morally vacant parking lot that was riddled with cracks and small potholes. I saw the quinjet almost immediately as the large black, unique aircraft was rather distinguble from the other plain white private jets that were in their own respective hangers around the strip.

Outside the plane was someone I automatically recognized in his signature black suit and thin dark glasses. That receding hairline and partially confident aura belonged to Phil Coulson. I was perhaps not as close to Phil as I was to Clint and Natasha but I did like him. He made for good company with his dry humor and casual charisma. I also knew full well about his small obsession with Captain America. He even showed me his 'mint condition' trading cards one time. I swear to god he probably has Captain America's name or shield tattooed on his butt by now.

As I approached Phil and the quinjet he gave a pleased grin" Harper Silviano, I'm pleased you could join us" He greeted and I gave a small smile in response. Real genuine smiles were something you didn't get often from me. " It's great to see you too Phil" I replied and then proceeded to enter the spacious Quinjet. " Let's go save Clint" I offered and Phil nodded in agreement as he walked in behind me and then went to the cockpit.

It was a just a second later when I saw the Super Soldier. He was sitting in one of the uncomfortable chair like things that came out from the wall of the the body of the plane. He was everything I thought he would look like in person. He was blonde with cerulean blue eyes and incredibly buff shoulders. He wore dark blue jeans and a slick light blue button up shirt that modestly covered his muscle tone beneath. When he stood up upon my arrival he was easily over 6'2 at least. His jaw was finally cut and his nose was a sharp. It was like looking at some Roman sculpture made from clay that resembled human perfection. He immediately greeted me like a gentlemen as he extended a large, minnamily calloused hand towards me.

" Hello ma'am, I'm Steve Rogers. Pleased to meet you" He stated with an air of refined respect that you didn't quite here so much in the 21st century. I was not terribly great with meeting new people even if I was a bartender. And even as a bartender I never really met or gpt tp know those I served, they were hardly even fundamental acquaintances. And ever since my experiences with the Void Brigade and The Hand it had been difficult to grow comfortable around new people again. But as I looked up upon the Super Soldier I felt a girlish flutter in my chest that nearly caused me to snap at my self. It was that same little feeling I had felt in the 3rd grade when my crush Austin Bastina sat next to me in class one day. But this time it felt a little different.

Thankfully, I didn't hesitate when I went to shake his hand that was invitingly warm. " Harper Silviano, likewise" I replied with the same minimalistic smile that I greeted just about everyone. He flashed my a half grin of pearly whites but I could see something else behind those casual blue eyes of his. A deeply troubled glimmer coated his eyes. It was a look that I used to see every day when I looked into the mirror and still saw it in my eyes after long nights of nightmares. It wasn't hard to wonder what he was troubled about. He had been frozen for nearly seventy years. His entire life before that was gone. Along with all the people he might have held dear.