Part 9

Steve and I practically marched towards the lab where Tony and Bruce were. They might have already known about these weapons from Tony's decryption programmer that was supposedly hacking into the S.H.I.E.L.D. main frame. But Steve and I had physical and real proof of what Fury was doing. I didn't even care if Fury got upset about it, he seriously had to explain himself either way. A few agents gave us peculiar looks as Steve walked down the hall with the massive futuristic looking grey gun. Yet we both put off a ' Don't you dare even think about asking' aura. I could tell Steve was more upset about this than I. I mean I was a little irritated Fury had kept this from hs but I knew he had a reason to keep his secrets. We all had secrets you know.

We were starting down the hall to the lab where we heard Tony's unmistakable voice speaking. "You'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. Also, what exactly is PHASE 2?" Tony asked just as we entered the room. Ironically, Fury was already in there and Tony stood behind a see through monitor that was currently displaying a large document with the words PHASE 2 at the top. Steve dropped the minigun like weapon upon the center table catching everyone's attention. Fury didn't seem surprised to see Steve but he was surprised to see me with him. " PHASE 2 is when S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons" Steve announced as Banner stood up from his stool to peer intently at the large heavy grey gun.

Fury's forehead wrinkled as his one good eye centered upon me. " Agent Silviano you were supposed to keep an eye on these three not enable them" Fury claimed and I immediately shut down his crap. " It's not agent anymore Fury and you should have known better than to keep something like this away from us. Especially me" I replied and put a hand on my hip defiantly. I was so used to being the obedient little agent that this rebelion almost felt self serving.

Fury looked like he wanted to say something else be he seemed to know deep down that he shouldn't have lied to me. He looked to Steve who was practically livid "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're build--...I'm sorry what were you saying Fury?" Tony interjected as he displayed a large blueprint of what to be some sort of advanced missile launcher weapon.

"What were you lying about?" Tony asked innocently. I could see a muscle in Fury's jaw strain as he kept his cool. Steve took a step forward " I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit" Steve stated just as Natasha and also Thor walked in. My eyes met Natashas and I automatically noticed something was troubling her. She had a mean poker face but it never worked against me. Her talk with Loki could have been a success but it had struck a nerve.

Natasha quickly turned her attention to Bruce who she had recruited to the cause. "Did you know about this?" Tony asked her abruptly. I gave him a look "Back off of her" I told him knowing she didn't know entirely about it. Tony obviously didn't like taking orders but he was smart enough to not piss me off.

Natasha took a few steps towards Bruce who had become agitated just like Steve had. " You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha asked.

" I had been in Calcutta India, I was pretty well removed before you brought me back" Bruce replied as we all watched the pair speak.

"Loki is manipulating you" Natasha claimed and I wondered if Loki had brought up the Hulk during their conversation. It was a disturbing thought. "Oh and you've been doing what exactly?"Bruce asked in kind. He didn't seem the least bit intimidated by Natasha witch was surprising.

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you" Natasha continued.

" Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction" Bruce stated as he gestured to the moniot Tony had displayed. Natasha didn't reply to this one and instead it was Fury who spoke up. "Because of him" Fury replied pointing directly to Thor who had remained quiet during the talk.