Part 8

I steadily walked with long strides towards the main labs. Specifically to the lab where Loki's scepter was beginning analyzed by Tony and Bruce. I had no real idea of where Steve might have been currently but I figured he couldn't be too far. I found the lab with ease and could hear Tony's voice before I even rounded the corner. Yet I heard a second voice that was not Bruce's and instead sounded like the deep baritone of Steve Rogers. Well at least they were all in the same place.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve's voice asked from within the room and I stopped just short of the entrance. It might serve better if I didn't barge in and instead eavesdropped. "He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets" Tony replied and I had to admit that what he said was true. I doubted that Clint, Natasha, and even Coulson knew absolutely all of Fury's personal interests for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tony paused for a brief second " It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Tony and I came to the conclusion he was talking about Bruce. Banner stuttered awkwardly as I leaned my back against the wall to listen further to their conversation. "Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and... just...." Bruce began as he awkwardly bobbled with his words.

" Doctor?" Steve asked pointedly.

Bruce gave an audible sigh 'A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube. I think it was really meant for Tony" Bruce began and I listened intently to Dr.Banner's intuition. Suddenly random rookie agent with a mop of brown hair strolled down the hall and gave me a suspicious look. I gestured for him to keep walking and pretty much gave him the 'leave it alone' look. Thankfully, he took the the hint and kept walking.

"The Stark Tower? That big ugly ......building in New York?" Steve asked and I had to hold in a snicker. Sometimes Steve was so illiterately spoken it actually came across as cute. I could only imagine the look Tony gave the Steve. I mean it wasn't that ugly of a building. " It's powered by Stark Reactors, self- sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce asked as I began to link the points together in my mind.

"Exactly, I am the only major name in the clean energy business right now" Tony continued as my eyes widened in realization. " That being said, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D have Tony in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce pointed out as another wave of revelation came over me. It all made sense now. Fury had never been interested in clean energy.

He had lied to me.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files" Tony announced to the shock of all. I quickly recalled instance where I had seen his hand slip underneath that monitor in the debriefing room. " You did what?" Steve asked with obvious surprise in his voice.

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the debrief room. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret S.H.I.E.L.D has ever tried to hide" Tony replied absently. I would seriously have to take care of that later.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them" Steve argued and this caused Tony to tut blankly. " Yeah following orders isn't quite my style" Tony replied.

Steve scoffed " And your all about style aren't you?" Steve asked and immediately and nerve had been ruptured. I wasn't even inside the room and I could easily sense the tension quickly rising. "Of the people in this room, which one is; A. wearing a spangly outfit, and B. not of use?" Tony asked harshly with a sharp edge in his voice. I arched a brow at just how different the two men were. It was crazy.

" Steve doesn't this smell just a little bit strange to you" Bruce's level voice asked.. Steve inhaled softly as the tension levels reached a high peak. " Just find the cube" Steve stated and soon I could hear footsteps as he left the room. He appeared in the doorway seconds later and nearly crashed right into me. I stood there with a straight back blocking his path. I had a small inclination that he would go looking for answers.