Part 10

Steve and I edged outside into the crisp windy air as a dozen agents behind me rushed past with fire extinguishers and oxygen masks on. We needed to repair the the rotors and main turbine. I unfurled my wings quickly as I glanced down at the thousands of feet in between us and the floor. "Stark we are here"Steve yelled as he turned his com link on and glanced back at me. I did the same and soon enough heard Tony's voice. "Good. Lets see what we got" Tony replied through the com link as he appeared in his gold and red Ironman suit.

He quickly surveyed the different motors and machinery as if reading a book. "I gotta get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris" Tony explained as Steve and I looked at each other a little confused. Neither of us were geniuses but I kind of understood him. " Just tell us what you need Tony"I replied as I watched Tony adjustesting the partially delapdated motors that were emitting sparks and smoke.

" Captain I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position. It should be above you"Tony ordered as Steve looked around to see a nearby broken rail way that would help him get to the panel. He hesitated before jumping and looked back to me "If I fall you'll catch me right?" He asked and I snorted with a small smirk. I can't believe I was almost laughing at a time like this. "Hopefully" I replied and Steve chuffed softly before taking a grand leap towards a piece of thick rebar and the using it to swing upwards to where the panel was. Once he landed I took my own leap into the air allowing my wings to keep me afloat.

"Harper I need you to help me get rid of some of this debris that is clogging the rotors" Tony's robotic voice said and I quickly complied as I neared the different rotors and hastily began pulling broken shards of metal out. The entire ship groaned as it slowly descended downwards but thankfully we were over an ocean. At least that would minimize the destruction if we did fall.

" Cap what does it look like in there?" Tony asked as I glanced back at Steve who was looking down at a complex panel full of different colored wires and mechanical contractions. For a guy who pretty much grew up in the stone age it probably looked very strange to him. "Uhh it seems to be powered by some form electricity" Steve claimed. I grinned at his reply as I moved towards the engine of the turbine that was clogged with different parts of debris. I swear he was so ignorant in the funniest way

" Well you're not wrong" I replied as I tried to dislodge a large piece of smoking metal that looked like it came off of the edge of the turbine itself. I finally got it out when I rammed into it with both my feet and it fell all the way down towards the sparkling blue waters beneath us. " Good job feathers" Tony stated as he appeared beside me in his red and gold suit.

I gave a partially annoyed look from the nickname as I focused on getting rid of the smaller chunks of the broken helicarrier. The turbine was a fair bit damaged but it look still looked fixable. "What now Tinman?"I asked as he blasted a another chunk of metal off on the turbine easily. "Even if we clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm gonna have to get in there and push" Tony explained as the wind ruffled my hair too and fro. I peered inside the turbine that was a huge circular like contraption with a dozen spokes that all normally rotated at lightning speeds.

"Well if that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded!" Steve argued as I backed away from the turbine. I hovered at the edge with clear view of both Steve and Tony. Tony thought quickly "Then stay in the control unit and reverse the polarity long enough to disengage mag -- Speak english!!" Steve interrupted suddenly.

Tony sighed audibly " See that red lever? It'll slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it, wait for my word. Harper go see if you can try to help the poor old man"Tony said and I nodded as I flew towards Steve who leaped to a another nearby railway where a thick red lever was. Just as I approached him several men dressed in all black combat outfits appeared with large guns and grenades. They obviously were not there to help us as one of then casually threw a grenade towards the already broken turbine to damage it more. Steve took a daring leap and swatted the grenade away before just narrowing landing on the edge the broken ship.