Part 5

I swiftly changed into my suit that was not terribly dissimilar to Natasha's. While hers was fully black and adjusted for her curvy body type. Mine was more of a grey and designed for my athletic stature. I had once mildly envied Natasha's curvy body and practically flawless features. I was built more like a sprinter with a modest chest and skinny frame. Of course I never let such differences bother me much. That would be completely immature.

It had been a while since I had last put on the suit and it's familiar textures and creases were welcoming. It was simple in design yet was made from a carbon flexi Kevlar like material that made it very tough to peirce. My skin was already nearly 2 and a half times thicker than a humans due to my mutation thankfully.

Steve, Natasha and I boarded and took off in a Quinjet as soon as possible. This Quinjet was more designed for combat than the transport jet we had taken in earlier. However, we had learned that Loki was seen outside and near the entrance of Museum in Germany. This specific Museum was hosting some manner of a formal gala that was a really just a party for really rich people to show of just how rich they were without saying it out loud. This Museum was also one of the biggest in Germany and I found it entirely strange that he would show up there.

I paced slowly on the Quinjet as I psychologically prepared myself for the encroaching battle I would probably have against a god. At least Steve would be fighting beside me and we would have Natasha as ariel support. She might be able to put up a fight with a god for a little while but she would be more useful operating the armor piercing round machine gun on then Quinjet. I wasn't sure if gods were bullet proof but I wouldn't mind finding out. I knew for a fact I couldn't withstand an armor piercing round.

We were maybe a couple minutes out from Germany when Matasha cleared her throat. I stopped my pacing to look at her as did Steve who was sitting down with his circular shield placed in his lap. The Super Soldier himself was dressed in a red,white, and blue outfit that matches the original one he wore back in the 1940s pretty well. It might have been old fashion but it looked pretty good on him.

" Say Harper? Aren't you uh missing something?" Natasha asked and a wave of bemusement ran over me. I checked my gun holster that of course held my walther in it and made sure my com link was in my ear so that we would have easy communication. I was rarely so careless as to actually forget something. " What do you mean?" I asked back and she gave me a vague look through the small rearview mirror in the cockpit.

" Your wings?" She stated as if it was perfectly obvious. I gave a small look of surprise as I hadn't even realized I had yet to release them. I had kept them so furled up recently that I had nearly forgotten. Steve gave me a curious look as my eyes glanced to him. I didn't like taking them out around people I had recently met. But I had no choice.

" Oh... yeah" I replied back and focused now on releasing them from their confinements. They easily stretched out and released quite a bit of tension out my back that no longer felt so stiff. They looked the same exact way they did from when I last released them. They were silvery metallic color yet were as a light as a feather. The overlapping feathers reached all the way down to my mid calf. My suit was especially designed with opening around the upper back to allow for easy usage.

I looked at Steve for a brief second to see what he thought of the oddices protruding from my back. Yet within his eyes I did not see an ounce of judgement or disgust. Surprisingly, there was a glimmer of awe that coated his blue eyes. As if my wings were somehow the most spectacular thing he had ever seen. " Woah" He said softly and I just barely managed to hear it over the whirring of the quinjet engine. I wasn't even sure if I had heard him right. I looked at him abruptly feeling unusually self conscious about my appearance. "What was that?" I asked as I brushed a loose strand of dark brown hair behind my ear.