Feelings

Delilah's POV

The sergeant pulls me into his office where my eyes land on Jamie who's pacing.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Bianca called me." Jamie says still pacing.

"Oh brother. What'd she want?" I ask

"All she said was "they killed Johnny Tesla." Jamie explains.

"We don't have that." Another man says walking into Serg's office.

"Delilah, this is Lieutenant Arbogast, he's been handling the operation." Serg explains.

"We don't have what?" Jamie asks.

"Anything-- a body, chatter on the wires, nothing. She say when?" Lieutenant Arbogast asks.

"No, just that they killed him." Jamie says.

"Johnny Tesla was a made guy with the Cavazzeres. The Cavazzeres and the Sanfinos have had a peace treaty for almost, uh, twenty years now. But if some Sanfino whacked Johnny Tesla, boom, there goes the Treaty of Glen Cove." Lieutenant Arbogast explains.

"Could somebody be trying to set us up for it?" I ask.

"Why you two?" Lieutenant Arbogast asks.

"Because we had a beef with him. He kicked our asses into next year just a couple months ago." Jamie explains.

"So you killed him? Who are you, Joe Pesci in Goodfellas?" Lieutenant Arbogast jokes

"No, but they can make anything they want out of us. Jimmy Riordan and Delilah Thompson don't exist, we don't have jobs or a home address. If they need us for something, if they want us for something, how are they gonna find us?" Jamie states.

"Noble, or his sister." Lieutenant Arbogast responds.

"Exactly. Could you tell us what the hell is going on here?" Jamie asks.

*10 Minutes Later*

Lieutenant Arbogast hangs the phone up.

"We're gonna have a ghost in the lobby and another one on her floor, posing as maintenance, to make sure it's just her in the room. Stop by tech on your way out, they'll switch your undercover phones over to a transmitter." Lieutenant Arbogast explains.

"Like, wire us?" I ask.

"No wires, just a cell phone that they can program to your numbers and keep tabs on you two and record what she says." Lieutenant Arbogast explains.

Jamie and I nod our heads as if we're trying to wrap our heads around all this.

"Get her to tell you two who killed Johnny Tesla, find out who 'they ' is." Lieutenant Arbogast says.

"Look, when we got the files from their boiler room operation, we thought you had enough to nail 'em." Jamie states.

"For racketeering, maybe. But if we can tie Phil Sanfino to a murder, that's not the icing, that's the cake." Lieutenant Arbogast says.

"You two good with this?" Lieutenant Arbogast asks.

"Walk on the beach, right Delilah?" Jamie asks looking over at me.

"Yup." I say nodding in agreement.

*20 Minutes Later*

Jamie and I have been walking in silence since we left the station.

We finally reach the hotel and we both look around to see if we're being watched before we walk into the hotel.

"Checking in?" The doorman asks as he opens the door for us.