Grounded

Delilah's POV

-2 Months Later-

Danny and I are currently in the ER for a freaking stomachache!

"Oh, come on, let's go." I say before taking a sip of sprite.

"You're seeing the doctor. End of story." Danny says.

"I just need some Tums." I say.

"Listen, that's the third time you've had the stomachache this week, okay? And don't say it was something you ate, cause I know what you ate; you had sprite and potato chips for dinner." Danny states.

"What, are you a doctor now?" I ask sarcastically.

"No, I'm not a doctor, but you have a high-stress job, you live alone, you have no family, no sports, no hobbies. I think you're the cover girl for Ulcers Illustrated."  Danny says.

"That's nice, thank you." I reply sarcastically.

"The swimsuit issue is what I meant." Danny says.

"Oh, right." I say.

"Definitely the swimsuit issue. I'll get you some help." Danny says getting up and walking over to the front desk.

"You should see if there's a suicide counselor there while we're waiting, too." I joke.

Danny flashes his badge and says something to the nurse who then grabs the clipboard with names on it.

"Ramirez? Lydia Ramirez?" The nurse calls.

Danny talks to a guy who's beaten up pretty badly for a minute and then walks back over to me.

"We'll just be sitting right over here, okay?" Danny says to the nurse.

My phone starts ringing. It's Lieutenant Arbogast.

"Delilah, you need to come to the precinct forthwith." Lieutenant Arbogast says.

"Why couldn't you just 10-2 me then?" I ask.

"Who are you Jamie Reagan? He asked the same thing. Obviously I didn't want the order going over the radio." Lieutenant Arbogast says.

"I'm at the ER with Danny." I state.

"Well, you need to get here soon." Lieutenant Arbogast says.

"Alright, I'm on my way." I say before I hang up.

"What's going on?" Danny asks.

"Lieutenant Arbogast wants Jamie and I back at the precinct forthwith." I say as I stand up from the chair.

"Okay, but I'm stopping to get you Tums and more sprite first." Danny says.

"Okay, fine by me." I say as we leave the ER.

*20 Minutes Later*

Danny and I walk into the precinct and a man walks up to us.

"This way, Detective O'Connor." The man says.

The man leads me to a closed office door, he opens it revealing Frank and Jamie.

"Thank you, Detective." Frank says before the man closes the door behind me.

"This can't be good." I say before taking another sip of sprite.

"I said the same thing." Jamie says.

"O.C.C.B. is picking up chatter that Philip Sanfino's crew has orders to put hits out on you two." Frank says and I begin choking on my sprite.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask shocked.