Chapter Two: 007

I looked over the patients chart while George listened to his heart.

"Sounds good to me." He told him.

"He'll be fine?" His wife asked.

"You'll be fine."

"If you don't count the fact taht my bacon days are over, sure."

"And all of us here at Seattle Grace hospital mourn for you." I told him, smiling. He laughed.

"Why thank you, that's much appreciated."

"So, you will have a bypass surgery tomorrow with Dr. Burke."

"I hear he's good." George added, "And after that, you can have all the bacon flavoured soy product youc an eat."

"Mm, kill me now."

"I wish I could, but I'm a healer." I rolled my eyes, chuckling.

"Alright, let's get you hooked up to an IV." George walked over, attempting to put the needle in his arm. He missed. "Oh, George, you have to-"

"I've got it." He tried again, missing again.

"Ow, Ow."

"George, do you want me to..." I trailed off as Dr. Burke came into the room, taking the IV from George. 

"Out. Both of you. Out."

"Bet you missed a lot when you first started out." Dr. Burke shot him a look and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You and I are gonna have so much fun together."

"Have a great day." I said, pulling George out of the room. "George!"

"I know, I know...cringing." I laughed, putting a hand on his back and pushing him lightly down the hallway.

~~~

After seven hours, it was time for lunch, which we ate with the other interns. Apperently, Grey's name was Meredith.

"This shift is a marathon, not a sprint." George said, sitting down. "Eat."

"I can't. "Izzie said.

"You really should eat something."

"You try eating fter performing seventeen rectal exams."

"Oh you poor girl." I told her. "You need anything? I've got ginger ale."

"Please." I handed her the can and she opened it, taking a sip. "Oh, thank you Delaine. You're a life saver." She took a breath. "The Nazi hates me."

"The Nazi's a resident. I have attendings hating me." George assured her. 

"You know Meredith is inbred?" Christina asked suddenly.

"Like it's uncommon zround here to be a doctors' parents-"

"No, royally inbred. Her mother is Ellis Grey." My eyes widened.

"You're kidding me." I said.

"Shut up, the Ellis Grey?"

"Yup."

"Who's Ellis Grey?" George questioned.

"Ellis Grey. The Grey method. Where'd you go to med school, Mexico?"

"She was one of the first big chick surgeons. She practically invented the-"

"She's a living legend."

"She won the Harper Avery twice." I said, pointing my lettuce covered fork at him before putting it in my mouth.

"So I didn't know one thing. " George stated defensively.