Chapter One

Nagisa POV

The sky was a beautiful blur of bright yellows and oranges, a few stars already visible if you strained your eyes. Nagisa picked up his phone and pressed the home button so his lock screen opened up. The time 7:36 blared up at him, along with a picture of him and karma at one of Sugino's baseball games about a month back.

"Karma, it's getting late," He said turning to his red-haired friend. They were sitting on the swing-set of an old playground near Kunugigaoka Junior High School, swaying gently back and forth with the light spring breeze, their bags laying on the grass a few yards away.

"Aww, board with me already Nagisa-chan?" Kamra said in a fake sad voice, a devilish grin sliding across his face

Nagisa rolled his eyes glancing nervously back at his phone. "I have to be home by eight, you know that karma, my mom will, I mean you know how strict she is." He kept his voice neutral. Just a few days ago he had gotten home past curfew and had gone to bed with a slap across the face and no food, but he had eaten earlier with Kayano so that part was no problem, not that he told his mom that. Not to mention that that had been a REALLY good day compared to normal.

Nagisa dug his heels into the wood chip covered ground, bringing his swing to a stop. As he did he felt his phone buzz in his hand, and he nearly dropped it as he fumbled to turn it on again. He let out a sigh of relief as the screen flickered on, saying his favorite manga store was having a sale that weekend. "You really want to leave don't you Nagisa?" Karma said playfully, swing his legs back and forth so, propelling his swing a little higher. As Nagisa moved to stand up, karma leaped off the swing set, flying a good six feet before sticking the landing perfectly, looking a little like Spiderman.

Nagisa rolled his eyes but chuckled a little. "Show off," he muttered. Within the moment, he took his eyes off the redhead, karma leaped to his feet and snatched up Nagisa's bag, slinging it over one shoulder. "Karma!" Nagisa wailed, springing to his feet and hurrying after the redhead who had begun to down the sidewalk.

Nagisa caught up with the other boy in a few seconds and snatched the bag back. He had expected karma to hold the bag up were Nagisa could not reach, or just simply refuse to let go of it, both boys knew the vast differences in their strength. But karma just let the bag go, and Nagisa though he saw a genuine caring smile on karma's lips as the taller boy did so, but in a moment his usual smirk returned and Nagisa though he must have imagined it.

"Karma, I'll see you tomorrow ok? You forget I have to go the other way," Nagisa said, though he was sure the other boy had not forgotten.

"I forget? You're forgetting about me maybe I wanted to keep talking to you Nagisa" Karma replied, sounding mischievous again.

"I could never forget about you Karma, anyway I'll see you tomorrow?" Nagisa said, and he was surprised at how much he realized he ment it. There was no way anyone could forget karma, his name is KARMA!

"Never huh? Well, see you tomorrow Nagisa-chan!" Karma said. Nagisa grinned.

"Ya."

Nagisa practically ran home, still clutching his phone. If it buzzed it was all over. He knew his mother had an important meeting today and if it had gone badly, he would be to blame. He always. As he reached his home, he slowed his pace, letting out a sigh of relief. He was on the front steps when- buzz. He froze, his hand stretched out towards the door handle. He felt his heart begin to beat a little faster and a hot bead of sweat roll down his face. He gulped and turned the handle, pushing the door open with a slight creak.