Chapter Two

Karma POV

"He had severe memory loss, looks like he suffered a tough blow to the hippocampus. We are not sure what caused it though. His mother woke up this morning and found him in their living room, there was a bit of a mess, but no signs of direct fighting. We have checked for drugs or alcohol in his system and found none, so it is also possible that he was attacked outside and dragged himself home."

Karma Listened to the doctor babble but did not take in the words. "Never know you love her till you let her go" were some stupid song lyrics that had been playing in his head for the past few days. He shook himself, they were in completely different situations. For one thing, Nagisa was a boy, (a fact that karma was hesitant to admit out loud), Karma had not let the other boy go at all, he had not asked for this to happen! And that song was a love song, he was certainly not in love with Nagisa, his best (and only real) friend.

"Yes, I understand that," Karma said cutting the doctor off from his important speech about how long-term memory worked. "But, can you fix him? Will he be ok? Can he come to school with me and everyone else as usual?" The doctor's face faltered and his eyes filled with pity. He eyed Karma for a moment, contemplating how to start like if he said what he needed to say wrong, karma might explode, which was entirely possible of course.

"We don't know. It was a bad hit, there is internal bruising and such, we really have to know how the injury was caused to figure out exactly the damage, and as his mother does not know, and he obviously can not remember.." He trailed off, picking some papers off the counter he had been leaning against and shuffling them, mostly to find something to do with his hands.

"So are you saying it could take a while? You better put your best efforts into it, I assure you, you will not like the consequences if-" The doctor held up a hand, silencing him. He still looked grave, and he sied, closing his eyes like he did not want to see karma's reaction.

My boy, I do not know if it is possible for him to get his memory back. He is a tough case, he has kept his mind and logic, witch mind you, it is possible to lose. But, he remembers nothing, not his mother or other family or where he goe to school, though from his records we have found-"

"He goes to Kunugigaoka Junior High, with me, and He is one of the best in his class, mind me of course," Karma added. The doctor nodded, glancing back at the door that led to Nagisa's room. Karma glanced up but had to look away. It was the strangest feeling, to see someone who knew you, not just that, but really knew and who accepted you, to look at you and see nothing. To treat you as if you were that person they knocked into on the street. Upon hearing Nagisa statement about not knowing him, karma had gone on with it, treating it like a joke, until he carelessly tossed the rubber knife to Nagisa, who covered his head and yelled. Byt he time The bluenette realized he was in no danger, doctors here escorting karma out, who had been too stunned to speak.

"Well, anyway," The doctor said, looking karma directly in the eyes. "I think you should leave him be, for now, today is supposed to be family visitors only and I get a feeling your not that," Karma opened his mouth to protest, but then closed it. Why should it matter so much if Nagisa saw him? He knew what was going on, and that was what mattered right? The redhead only nodded, standing up from his chair and making his way out of the building. Thier were thousands of questions buzzing in his head.

Would Nagisa be able to return to E-Class despite forgetting about the whole assassination thing? How had the small boy gotten hurt? Did his mother know? To Karma's great surprise, when Nagisa had been hospitalized, it was not the boy's mother that had told him, but Mr.Karasuma who apparently Nagisa had listed as the parent to call if anything went wrong. Due to his job Karasuma had not been to see Nagisa yet, but it was still odd. Karma supposed it was in case any injuries were caused from assassination training and Nagisa did not want his mother to find out, but still, Karma did not know if anyone else in the class did that.