Chapter Five

"So let me get this straight..." Nagisa started, Raising his eyebrows slightly at everyone crowded around him. "We, the students of class E, are rulebreakers and losers, and a year ago this creature who blew up the moon, declared he wanted to blow up the earth, and now he is teaching our class, we have to kill him in the next month, and I'm your best assassin?" He was answered with a series of "yeah basicallys" and head nods. "Well, that's... that's something.." He finished lamely, staring at Korosensei thoughtfully.

"Ok, your turn!" Came Sugino's voice above the clamor. "What Happened to you Nagisa?" The bluenette averted his eyes to the ceiling, a little stone dropping into his stomach. Was everyone going to ask him this?

"Well he can't Remember, Can he?" Came Karma's voice and the smaller boy felt relieved he didn't have to state the obvious for the tenth time. Despite the obvious first impressions, everyone in E class was really nice, not at all the "baddies" as karma had said, and according to Kayano, he thought her name was, they were some of the smartest kids in school. So he was a little cooler than he thought.

When PE rolled around, Nagisa was given clothes to change into, because he had no idea where his old ones were or what they even looked like. Karma joined the class on the field, which seemed to Nagisa like nothing of great importance, but everyone else shot the redhead curious glances the entire time, their eyes suspicious. The first thing they were doing was sniper practice. Nagisa, who had no clue what to do with the weapon, missed the target every time but did manage to his Ms.Bitch who was sitting way behind the shooting students, while he was trying to reload the gun. The neon yellow paint splattered her white uniform and caused uproar from the students. Now the bluenette knew what not to do.

During lunch, Koro-sensei pulled Nagisa aside and attempted to test him to see what he remembered in math and English. It went fine for a while but then various students in the class began to sneak up behind koro sensei and mime out the answers. No matter how many kids the teacher scolded there was always another one coming. When Karma decided to have a laugh, he stole Koro-sensei's ice cream from Italy and slipped it down the octopuses shirt, Koro-sensei shrieked and went into hyperdrive frying in circles over class E at mach 20.

When the end of day bell rang Karma decided to walk the brunette home, witch Nagisa was fine with. The redhead clapped a hand on Nagisa's shoulder and Nagisa felt a little bit tingly. "So, what's the plan, Nagi? Strait home?" Nagisa thought for a moment, his azure eyes glazing over.

"Karma, do you know why my hair is so long?" He questioned, pulling at one of the pig-tails so his sky blue hair tumbled down around his shoulders. It was very likely that the bluenette imagined it, but he could have sword karma looked away for a moment, the littlest bit of heat rising to his cheeks. But the other boy regained his composure almost instantly, along with his signature devil smirk.

"I don't know Nagisa, you always avoid the subject... whatcha hiding!" and Kamra jabbed Nagisa in the side, earning a yelp and a glare.

"Well," Nagisa started, his eyes still sparkling with annoyance, "I was thinking I'd like to get it cut. I don't know what happened for me to lose my memory, but everything is so confusing. I don't know why I always kept my hair long, but at this moment I don't want it that way," He explained, playing with a black rubber band he had pulled out of his hair.

Karma reached out and pulled the other hair tie down, and before Nagisa could recover from the butterflies in his chest, Karma pulled back and snapped it in Nagisa's face."Yeah I know a place," The sadist laughed watching the small boy let out a string of words the old Nagisa would never have said allowed.

. . .

"All done." Nagisa took a deep breath and shut his eyes before he felt the barber swing his chair around to face the mirror. For reasons he could not explain, the small boy felt as if something huge was about to go down now that his hair was cut.

"Um, Nagisa, you can look now." Came Karma's voice from a chair a few feet away. Nagisa opened his eyes. For some reason, he had expected to be enlightened or whole new person, but having his haircut didn't look all that different. Since his hair was up in pigtails all the time anyway, the only difference was now his bangs fell into his eyes. Taking a sleek black comb off the table next to him, Nagisa styled his hair simply and smiled. He felt like there was a weight lifted off his shoulders, which was true because now his head weighed considerably less.

Thanks a lot, I really like it!" Nagisa said, smiling at the barber. After paying the boy split ways.

"See ya tomorrow, Nagi," Karma confirmed and then turned and started down his street. Nagisa felt his heart skip a beat at the nickname. Had he always get this way about the other boy? Turning and heading into his apartment. This was the first time he was seeing it, kinda of, so he had no clue what to expect. He had to jiggle the key in the stubborn lock for a minute before the door swung open. He was greeted with a small entryway, cream-colored walls and a stone tiled floor littered with shoes that must belong to him and his mother. Making his way down the hallway that connected to this Nagisa saw a light on and upon closer inspection found it was the kitchen. He walked in to see his mother setting the table with shiny while plates and silver utensils that had little flowers carved in.

"Hi, Mom," Nagisa greeted a little hesitantly. This was the first he was seeing her besides a small meeting at the hospital. She was very busy, apparently.

"Oh, welcome home dear," He mother replied sweetly, not looking up at him. After setting his bag in a kitchen chair, Nagisa took a few steps closer to her. "So, how was your day?" He said calmly.

"Oh it was nice," his mother said keeping her attention on the stove, then when she deemed whatever she was making ready, she picked it up and turned to him smiling nicely. Then she froze. Nagisa had no idea anyone could go from so happy to so pissed so fast. Her jaw dropped and the stew she was holding nearly went with it. Her eyes widened and her whole body shook slightly. Nagisa felt a wave of what could only be described as bad energy wash over the room, and the young boy felt suffocated. He took a step, back then another as his mother sloppily set the pot back on the stove and curled her hands into tight fists.

"What.. what have you done, to your beautiful HAIR!" She shouted, advancing a little. Nagisa stood his ground. This was his mother, she loved him right? But this woman did not look like anything he had been expecting. She stepped right up to him and raked one her hands through his hair, he could feel her long nails scratching his scalp painfully. He jerked away from her but this seemed to set her off even more. She let out a sound that was something between a scream and a sob and reached for him again but Nagisa could feel real fear coursing through him now, and it kicked his instincts into gear and before she could stop him he was out of the apartment and scrambling down the building stairs and across the street.

After a few minutes, the small boy had cramps in his sides and a sharp stick in his chest. He bent over, gasping for air then sunk onto a rickety wooden bench. He was in some small currently abandoned park. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he texted the only person he could think of.

Yey new chapter! have a nice day everyone!