Chapter Four

Nagisa POV

Nagisa Stared at the mountain, then looked back across the road where he had been told the main campus was. "Umm, Karma," He said hesitantly as the other boy began the hike up to class 3 E. "Why do we have to climb up a mountain?" Kamra froze for a second then turned around, smirking slightly, but the anxiety in his eyes gave him away.

"Well, class 3 E is separate from all the others... because of financial reasons.... And some other stuff." Nagisa was not sure how he knew, but the other boy was definitely lying, the question was why?

"Karma, I know you're not telling me something," Nagisa replied, trying not to sound accusing. Karma surveyed the smaller boy for a moment contemplating the best course of action.

"Well, you see..." He said finally, with the heir of someone deciding whether they were doing the right thing, or that's how Nagisa saw it. "We are the troublemakers, the ones who don't do well enough in school. The troublemakers and the losers, we all get sent to class E. you, as far as I know, we're doing fine in your classes until September last year when your grades suddenly dropped. I think you were just going through a phase or something, always wearing long sleeve and pants even in the summer, and your hair was always down. Anyway, you got sent to E class along with some other people." Nagisa stared at him, a little sad. He had been under the impression he was a good student, but now he was a loser? He tried to look as if what karma had just told him didn't matter, but at the same time, felt the need to ask what Karma had done to get sent to such a place, but the other boy had turned around to keep moving.

"There is something else though..." The redhead said, trailing off. before Nagisa could ask any more of his questions, the other boy was gone, and Nagisa was running into the forest after him, not wanting to get lost on his sort of first day.

.............................................

Karma POV

Karma kept a steady pace up the mountain, never directly stopping for Nagisa to catch up. He still was not sure if he had done the right thing telling the small boy the truth, or if he was doing the right thing now, but he had a feeling Koro-sensei might have an answer to this problem. They had been through much worse in E class, surely the octopus with his brains or Karasuma with the governments help could cure Nagisa of his memory loss? Whatever the case, Nagisa was their best assassin, and they only had a month left to kill the deadly creature that was the teacher of class 3 E.

When they made it to the top, the bell for first period had already rung and Nagisa looked a little nervous. Karma pulled out his phone and texted Karasuma two words, just in case. He's Here. "ready to go," He asked looking back at the bluenette. Nagisa was looking around in wonder as if he had never seen anything so grand.

After hesitating for a moment, Karma took the other boy's hand in his and led him forward. Karma felt Nagisa stiffen for a minute and could imagine he's flustered, red face having seen it countless times before. It was almost cute. Ok, it was cute, but Karma had never thought of it that way.

Until now.

After a few seconds passed, Nagisa returned the pressure in his hand and sped up a little, so he was nearly walking ahead of karma. The bluenette didn't say anything, so Karma decided it was best to keep quiet too. His first thought was that once they reached the top of the mountain, he would see everyone's faces crowding around the window, all screaming and yelling at Nagisa, who would most likely be freaked out but all the attention. But upon approaching the school, Karma saw the windows were closed, so he could not see in, which basically meant the other students could not see out.

As they approached the door, Nagisa stopped suddenly, and karma half walked into him. Karma opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he followed Nagisa line of sight. A few yards from them was the very open and very exposed tool shed where the class kept all of these best weapons. "Karma?" Came the bluenettes small, tentative voice. "Why did you have a knife when we first met? I mean after I lost my memory? And why do you have a gun with you now? I know you do, I saw it beneath your jacket when you were tying up my hair. I don't know how, but I could tell that gun was loaded. And now there are more weapons over there. Please tell me what's going on... it's like I tried to be afraid of you, told myself you were dangerous, but you are the only person in my life right now who seems to make some sort of a sense. I mean that in a good way. So I know you're a good person at heart. But... I'm not about to be attacked or anything am I?"

Nagisa's voice was calm and collected, just like it had been every time te bluenette had to make an assassination attempt, it sent chills down Karma's spine, along with a pang in his chest. Nagisa was not going to be attacked, but he would be expected to do the attacking. Karma opened his mouth to respond but never got the chance.

There was a strong rush of air kicking up dirt everywhere so both boys were temporarily blinded. A few quick, loud bangs followed and then silence, except for Nagisa who coughed a little, leaning on the side of the building for support and covering his mouth with his hand. The dust began to settle and Karma saw the whole picture. He and Nagisa were completely surrounded by a ring of students, all with weapons drawn and battle ready, and right in the center of the circle, right next to Nagisa, was a giant yellow octopus, a sneaky grin on his face. Karma didn't know whether it was the ring of armed students or the yellow tentacle monster that did it, but the next thing that moved was Nagisa, who let out an ear-splitting scream and fell back onto the ground.

Immediately the other student broke character, dropping their weapons or sliding them into their belts. "W-WHAt are you?!?" Nagisa shouted, his voice and body both shaking violently. As students began to unhelpfully cluster around the terrified boy Koro-sensei seemingly teleported ten feet away, staring into the clouds thoughtfully, one tentacle rubbing his chin.

"I was so sure that would shock his brain back to normal," the teacher said metaphorically, but no one was paying attention. Everyone was crowded around Nagisa, including Karasuma and Prof. Bitch who had appeared from the building. Karma, who had gotten shoved aside in all the chaos, now fought his way to the center of the group where Kayano was sitting next to the still shaking Nagisa who seemed afraid of basically everyone, his eyes darting around frantically.

"Nagisa, Nagisa calm down, its ok its-" But Nagisa wasn't listening to her, instead he slapped away her hands that were trying to get a reassuring group on him.

"Y-You all had w-weapons and that t-thing, what was it?" the bluenette stuttered, staring at the ground so he would not be forced to meet any eyes.

"STOP CROWDING HIM!" Came Karmas thunderous voice. The redhead froze for a moment as the rest of the students backed away hesitantly re encircling Nagisa and Kayano. He had not meant to yell, but no looking back now. "Nagisa, Nagisa listen, it's not what you think." He said hurriedly, regaining his bearings and kneeling down next the bluenette, pushing Kayano out of the way. Nagisa finally lifted his head, meeting karma's mercury eyes with scared, pleading ones.

"You promised... You said.." He trailed off. He finally seemed a little calm, his eyes boring into Karma's.

"They were not trying to attack you Nagisa, that's just what we do in this class." The small boy cocked his head to the side confusedly, opening and closing his mouth a few times, his eyes flicking to Koro-sensei and back to karma. "Yup, Welcome to E class, Nagisa."

Woah this is on the internet now. Enjoy!