Hostage

"What do I do bud?" I ask Toothless sighing, he just croons in response. We have landed down home and are sitting around a fire in our hut.

Sleep. I tell myself, so I do. I lie down by Toothless.

"Everything will be better in the morning right?"  I get a face lick in response.

Less then a few hours of sleep later I'm awoken. Toothless is growling at the corner, I slowly reach for my inferno blade.

"Who ever you are, get out of my hut." I growl, no one but Johan know I live he and he wouldn't come here in the middle of the night. And if there from Berk, well Odin help them.

"That's no way to greet your brother." And familiar voice responds.

"Dagur?" I spit out, how did he find me? What is he doing here?

"Oh you say it as if you hate me!" He sighs, I do. "I need you train me some dragons. And if you know what's good for you, you will do it."

"Yeah, why would I want to train dragons for you?" I ask rolling my eyes, behind my back I click the Zipple Back gas into place.

"Because dear brother. Severe consequences will happen, you will be on Beserker island after all." Yep, that's Dagur The Deranged for you.

"C'mon bud, this place starting to reek don't you think?" I say before releasing the gas, mounting Toothless he pushes him self out the door and off the balcony.

"Oh Hiccup!" Dagur calls, I glance behind, "behind you!" My head snaps round to see a bola flying towards us. I throw my weight to the left the bola just missing us.

"Improve the aim or lose the game , Dagur!" I shout, if Toothless can just get into the sky we will be ok. The darkness will hide us.

"I'm doing you favour in our game Hiccup! This is fun!" He laughs, I shiver he laugh ringing through the clouds. "Behind you!" He shouts, I whip round to see no bola. Upon seeing this Dagur laughs, I turn back into the position. I lift my head up after checking my stirrup, a bola fly towards us Toothless has no time to swerve. The bola constricts it self around Toothless's wings, the we drop like a dead weight spinning around. The ground rushes up to meet us. We thud down, the metallic taste of blood in my mouth.

I close my mind, letting my body deal with the pain.

"Lock up his dragon below deck.  I want it alive, we lose the dragon we lose the boy." Dagur says, voices merge and I'm lifted up and thrown over a shoulder.

*****

"Oh Hic-cup." A voice sings, my eyes open slowly. On instinct I try to move but to no avail, my arms are tied around a wooden pole my legs tied as well.

"Glad you're awake brother. Beserker island isn't far, I hope you're ready to train me some dragons." He says gleefully, a sickening smile on his face.

"When Helheim freezes" I rasp out. Dagur growls and retrieves a dagger from its sheaf on his right hip. He raises to my cheek, my breath hitches and I try to move away. Leaning closer he presses the point if the dagger into my skin and brings it down leave a curved line from eye brow to cheek, blood dribbles down my face.

"Thats a warning Hiccup. You serve another purpose to me, you see Beserker island is... barren. Your former island how ever, Berk, is much nicer. And comes with slaves.
As we speak, a deal is being offered to Stoick The Vast. Hand over Berk, or you die so basically you either die or be my slave depends what your father says." Dagur explains wielding his knife around.

"Not my father." I croak out the three words
and Dagur pauses.

"What do you mean by that Hic-cup?" He inquires digging for information.

"My so called father abandoned me on an island when I was eight years old." I replied curtly not wanting to give my hurt the time of day.

"Well, you'll be held as a ransom any way" Dagur pouted.

"And as I implied I will also never train you any dragons." The refusal seems to annoy Dagur greatly. "And I wouldn't plan on leaving Beserker island too soon Dag because my father likes his island more than me."

"Cram it Hiccup." Is his response, he turns and talks to some soldiers.

"Make me." I say sarcastically, on a pin point he turn a throws his dagger. It buries itself into the wooden mast just above my head.

"I don't take orders from anybody, especially a one legged weakling like you." He spits into my ear, he looks like he is going to walk away until his fist slams into my temple.

My vision becomes blurred with coloured spots distorting it, blinking can't rid them and they grow until blackness enfolds my mind. My head slumps down and Dagur laughs maniacally before I dissolve into nothingness.

********

Stoick POV

"Stoick!" Someone shouts entering the Great Hall.

"Aye!" I call sitting a my chair in the back of the Hall, the person who called runs through the crowd and up to my chair. The person is revealed to be my brother Spitelout.

"What is it?" I ask glaring at him, I've been in a foul mood ever since he showed up.

"Dagger the Deranged has sent you a deal." He informs handing over a piece of paper.

It reads

Stoick the Vast, it is  I, Crusher of skulls, slayer of dragons, captor of slaves Dagur the Deranged chief of the Beserker Tribe offering you a deal. I have your son captive, although rumours say he no longer is part of Berk. Anyway I have cunningly captured he and his Night Fury dragon due to my keen intellect.

Loki, he goes on about himself more than Snotlout, is my first thought after reading the first paragraph.

If you surrender Berk and your tribe to the Beserkers you son shall not be harmed. If you refuse however, your son depending on wherever he will train us dragons will either die or staying at the lowest of the slaves. Food once a week, water once a day, limited luxuries. Unless you hand over Berk. Your call Stoick, your call.

From yours truly,
Dagur the Deranged, chief of the Beserker tribe.

"Elders meeting immediately!" I roar.

AN
Hey guys thanks for all the reads it means a lot! It would also mean a lot if you could check out my art book, I'm really proud of Astrid's close up.

I'll~Take~My~Chances