Chapter Two

Sacrifice: Chapter 2

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was and it was never meant to be."

Regrets?

Yep, tons.

I regret not letting people know my name, not being remembered through my life.

I regret not standing up for myself.

I regret being a wallflower most of my life.

Do I regret leaving my pack?

Nope.

Not at all, I'm actually quite happy. Although there is always going to be a part of me that's going to miss that place, but I'm glad I left. I won't be ignored again, I will not be ignored ever again.

Do I regret making the decision about Corey and mates?

Yes and no, I regret not letting him know who I was. Not letting him know that I exist earlier. I regret not being good enough for an Alpha Female. Not being good enough to be his mate,

I don't regret allowing him to Mark and mate with Adrianna because I know the pack would be in better hands in 2 years then mine.

I'm willing to do this because its for the benefit of the pack, over 200 people. Not all of them are shallow headed jerks, just some people my age. For future generations I guess.

Let your past make you better, not bitter.

Story of my life.

The second I ran out of our pack house, I shrugged off my clothes; stuffing them into my bag and changed wolf. I was weary of stripping in my backyard, but no one was home yet. My wolf was wary because I didn't go on runs or hunting trips regularly. The feeling of the change is a total rush but wolves under the age of 18 could not shift and run alone. So I rarely got the chance to go.

I almost forgot what my wolf looks like, the world looks larger on 4 legs. There was no reflection around but my was were dark, muddy brown. Bit odd if you ask me.

But no one asked.

I gripped the backpack with my teeth, and in one swift motion it was around my neck. I started jogging towards the highway, careful to always hear the sounds of traffic but never stray form it very far. I've always wanted to go to Los Angeles but the pack would never permitted it, why would they permit it if they didn't know?

I took in all the scents around me, wolves were near but far enough that they won't catch me. I took caution to run along the roads which was neutral territory, usually filled with rogues.

The trip took me around a day, feeding on small squirrels, rabbits and the occasional berry. My wolf was delighted that I got so spend so much time in my shifted form I forgot about my problems for a while.

For a while.

On what seemed as the third day, I came upon a werewolf scent. Almost like a reality check, I moved on twice as quickly as before. My body was not use to running so far and searching for food so for a few days, I went to sleep hungry. Desperation takes its toll, I fed on wild mushrooms and sometimes even dead carcasses. Scavenging and searching, I was too clumsy to hunt; the prey would always hear me first.

After several days, as I have lost count; I came to the edge of the clearing. The woods quickly thinned to a plain, looking around and sniffing the air. I decided it was safe to cross, but there was something in the air holding me back. There were no werewolf scents here, all wild animals and humans. Odd, since it was a neutral territory here; any uncharted or taken land was the rouges.