Chapter Eight

Sacrifice: Chapter Eight

'By three ways me we learn wisedom, the first, imitation; the easiest, second, reflection; the noblest, third, experience; the bitterest'- Confucius

I don't like to feel.

Emotions are annoying, it goes both ways.

The closer you are to someone, the higher chance of joy you will get. And the higher chance of getting hurt is higher.

Maybe it's the past experiences, but nonetheless I doubt any pain is worth the risk of happiness. Why risk if you can find it yourself?

For example, my family- I remember the time when I my grandmother lived with us or 6 months. Aren't grandmothers suppose to greet you with a hug and smile, and give you fresh baked cookies?

No, screw cliché.

Dressed in a loose sheer black and white tank top, white stitch-patch skinny jeans and combat boots that clicked as I walked though the empty hallways of the school. Class started half an hour ago, I didn't bother to show up early for Calculus. It was odd coming to school today without Jesse, I wouldn't be seeing him until after dinner; some kind of meeting with Alpha Gould.

Im telling you, I don't have a good feeling about him.

I slung my tattered shoulder bag on one shoulder and opened the door to my calculus class, with about 10 more minutes to the bell. Immediately 26 pairs of eyes turned towards me, probably thankful of the distraction.

"Ah, pleasant of you to join us Miss Smithson." remarked Ms. Scetto, "Detention after school."

Rolling my eyes, I closed the door behind me none to gently and headed for my seat. Smirking slightly as no one was seated around the area. Maybe even a bit of sadness? Ever since I showed up on the first day with Jesse, no one has talked to me. Well, no one friendly that is. Even the average welcoming crew avoided me.

Ouch.

I guess that's a good thing, because no one here knows anything about me other then my name and my friendship with Jesse. The annoying thing was, everyone in the pack grew up with each other, everyone one knew each others stories and secrets. And suddenly this shy, chick comes and doesn't talk to anyone for the first couple months here?

What should we do?

Ignore and stare at her shamelessly due to her lack of friends?

Yep.

I was always confused with the social status of this school, the most popular people were humans and few wolves. Wasn't the normal standings, Beta and Alpha on top? And humans as fuck buddies?

Picking through my empty notebook, I tuned Ms. Scetto out as I looked around my classmates. You'd be surprised at what you can learn about the person by just sharing one class with them. Thankfully I was one of the first ones to stand up a the bell rang.

"Waverley? Stay, I have your detention slip." she called, waving a yellow paper in the air.

I didn't bother to look her way as I flipped her the bird and headed out.

Advice for the future?

Stay in school and don't flip at the teacher.

I didn't even bother listening for any of my classes, I only go to collect the homework and arrive for occasional tests. I still am the nerd I was back then, but I just didn't bother to listen. With photographic memory, you learn not to listen to monotones teachers a long time ago. And anyways, I'm not exactly a social butterfly.